My gf's phone got disconnected because Bell tried to charge her with some water damage from her previous phone, she disputed the charges and won. They reset her phone, but when they did, her data wasn't working (Email, browser, & BBM) we called technical support and I myself spent around 2 hours with the rep trying to solve the problem. Nothing was achieved so they told me to take the phone into a Bell store for repairs. When we got there, we did a bit more troubleshooting and at the end the guy at the counter concluded that she might possibly need another replacement. But first he suggested asking about the problem on here. So I was wondering if any of you crackberry guru's could help us out, it's pretty nerve wrecking having to call and wait for technical support then them ending up being no help. I tried to search to see if a similar topic has been discussed, I searched "Data plan not working" but nothing came up. So please, any help an/or suggestions throw them my way.\

Another thing that I should mention, the icon for her browser has disappeared, we have tried sending the service books to the phone, with no success, and have done a handheld wipe.

Thanks in advance
    08-19-09 03:12 AM
    haha yes i did that without even calling technical support
    08-19-09 03:28 AM
    Hey...ya never know!
    08-19-09 03:30 AM
    Is there a chance that Bell didn't actually undo "locking" the ESN/PIN? This was obviously treated as a delinquent payment account. Maybe they didn't actually clear it on their end.
    08-19-09 03:33 AM
    Is there a chance that Bell didn't actually undo "locking" the ESN/PIN? This was obviously treated as a delinquent payment account. Maybe they didn't actually clear it on their end.
    Sorry I don't really know what that's all about, please elaborate.
    08-27-09 04:40 AM
    Well if the browser icon is missing it sounds like the service books are missing. See if you can get those back and it should bring the icon back to get you online

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 03:27 PM
    service books are missing, we've tried to send the service books to the phone, but either they're not being sent or the phone is not receiving them
    08-29-09 05:35 PM
    When you send them back to the phone you have to enable restore mode. So once ur phone is connected to DM, on the phone go to options>adv options>service books then hold down alt then type S B E B the phone will say restore mode enabled then you can send the books to the phone

08-29-09 08:06 PM
    Oh, yeah I wasn't told to do that part. I will do that when we get home and see what happens.

Thanks!

08-29-09 09:32 PM
    Ok, so I got home and followed the instructions you gave me, went to bell.blackberry.com to send the service books, then did a battery pull. Still no go, checked if the service books were even received and they were not.
    08-30-09 02:19 AM
    Are you getting an ipd file or is it some kind of download from the bell site?

08-31-09 01:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD