I know there has already been lengthy discussions about ringer volumes on the 8830. That's not what I'm talking about here, I can live with the ringer volume when set to "High" What I'm talking about is the difference in volume between "Custom Assigned Ringers" and global, or non-custom assigned ringer volume.

When I assign a custom phone tune to a contact, the ringer volume for the custom phone tune is much quieter than the non custom assigned ringer.
    And no, it's not just because it's a different ringer file.

To prove this, I custom assigned the ringer tune, "Ringer_ClassicPhone", to a specific contact, which is the same ringer tune as my default "Normal" profile ringer tune, i.e. both set to "Ringer_ClassicPhone", Also, my "Normal (Active)" ringer volume is set to High, yet when that custom assigned person calls, the ringer is much quieter. It's like the ringer volume is defaulting to "Low" for all of the custom assigned ring tones, and there is no control over it.

So... where do I control the ringer volume for the "custom assigned" ringers? I'm guessing the volume of the custom assigned ringers are supposed to fall in line with whatever profile is (Active) but that is not the case.
    02-15-08 10:55 PM
    Your assumptions are correct, but apperently you also have found a bug in the software. Perhaps you can report it to [email protected].
    02-15-08 11:02 PM
    Your assumptions are correct, but apperently you also have found a bug in the software. Perhaps you can report it to [email protected].
    Done, thanks.
    02-15-08 11:08 PM
    I know there has already been lengthy discussions about ringer volumes on the 8830. That's not what I'm talking about here, I can live with the ringer volume when set to "High" What I'm talking about is the difference in volume between "Custom Assigned Ringers" and global, or non-custom assigned ringer volume.

When I assign a custom phone tune to a contact, the ringer volume for the custom phone tune is much quieter than the non custom assigned ringer.

To prove this, I custom assigned the ringer tune, "Ringer_ClassicPhone", to a specific contact, which is the same ringer tune as my default "Normal" profile ringer tune, i.e. both set to "Ringer_ClassicPhone", Also, my "Normal (Active)" ringer volume is set to High, yet when that custom assigned person calls, the ringer is much quieter. It's like the ringer volume is defaulting to "Low" for all of the custom assigned ring tones, and there is no control over it.

So... where do I control the ringer volume for the "custom assigned" ringers? I'm guessing the volume of the custom assigned ringers are supposed to fall in line with whatever profile is (Active) but that is not the case.
    I noticed the same thing and have had to stop using assigned phone ringers/tunes. I thought it was just my imagination and with the low ringer problem in general, I just switched everything to "Ringer_ClassicPhone," the only ringer I can actually hear. I'm glad to hear that it wasn't my imagination, although that doesn't solve this problem or the overall low ringer volume (and probably never will).

I will also report it to the link provided.
    02-16-08 10:31 PM
    Some of us really need to work for RIM's testing group and get paid for it. I've lost count on how many bugs I've found as I'm sure others have as well. I sometimes wonder how some of these bugs not get fixed, even after repeated reports to RIM. It's like they don't care. Either that or they're too busy trying to keep their network up. :lol:
    02-17-08 07:55 PM
    Huh, I do not have this problem on the 8310
    02-17-08 07:58 PM
    Huh, I do not have this problem on the 8310
    We're not talking about an 8310.... are we?
    02-17-08 10:44 PM

Does anyone know if they have ever fixed this issue? I still have the exact same problem.
    10-19-09 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD