Hey, I have a sprint 8830 and was thinking about switching to the new curve 8330 from sprint. It there a huge difference between them?? Is is worth the switch? What are the pros and cons of the switch? Let me know thanks!
    04-13-08 10:44 PM
    I have the 8830we also, but have tinkered with a Curve. I'm perfectly happy with the 8830we, but would recommend the Curve to some of my co-workers who would frequently use the camera. I prefer the feel and business-like look of the 8830we. If Verizon had the wi-fi option that would let you make calls via wifi when at home (like T-Mobile does) I would switch. Also, I like the World Edition component of the 8830 and am not sure that the Curve will have that (on Verizon).

-BB
    04-13-08 11:01 PM
    What is the reason for switching to 8330, if it"s just to have a Curve then go ahead and get one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-08 11:09 PM
    What is the reason for switching to 8330, if it"s just to have a Curve then go ahead and get one.
    Camera, different keyboard, more memory (potentially), 3.5mm headphone jack, MMS,... anything else I'm missing? I'm considering switching but it's not because I just want to jump on the Curve wagon as you seem to see it as. I'm sure everyone has their own reasons to switch or use a different phone. And I think having two blackberries at once "just" to have a Curve would be pointless. Hence, SWITCHING from the 8830 to the Curve. So a reason for switching to the 8330? So you don't have two blackberries.
    Last edited by skyys; 04-13-08 at 11:28 PM.
    04-13-08 11:22 PM
    I was thinking of switching from the Pearl to 8830 too...
    04-13-08 11:48 PM
    Camera, different keyboard, more memory (potentially), 3.5mm headphone jack, MMS,... anything else I'm missing? I'm considering switching but it's not because I just want to jump on the Curve wagon as you seem to see it as. I'm sure everyone has their own reasons to switch or use a different phone. And I think having two blackberries at once "just" to have a Curve would be pointless. Hence, SWITCHING from the 8830 to the Curve. So a reason for switching to the 8330? So you don't have two blackberries.
    ohmigah. seriously I did a double take when I saw your PIN. mine's really close, but just a couple characters off.

just thought I'd share.
    04-14-08 01:54 AM
    I too have a 8830 w/Sprint and I'm not sure if I will get the Curve or not. I do love the 8830 and don't really need a camera but I usually end up getting the newest ones when they come out. I have played w/them at the AT&T store and I do like how they feel.
    04-14-08 07:25 AM
    I have the 8830 and after seeing the "world edition" wasn't getting it done I got a 8320 that I can use abroad bc I travel often. The curve feels much lighter and typing is a bit different, but I like the feel of the 8830 more. Since in the US I still have a Sprint contract, I'm looking to try out the 8330 bc I miss a camera with the 8830 and the 3.5mm jack is better.. The 8330 will also have the 4.3 OS! The tough part will be getting one at a decent price without extending my contract! My Sprint contract is almost done! Not being able to get the 9000 later this summer (hopefully) will give me nightmares!
    04-14-08 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD