8820 / AT&T
    Latest Release BB SW
    No Modifications /abuse / damage

Starting a month or two ago, the "cursor" on all screens of any application, or on the home screen of the blackberry would, for long periods of time, pull to the right. During these times the trackball works fine, but all the while the cursor always "wants" to move to the right.

This is problematic reading emails (If i can manage to land the cursor on the correct icon that is) or using my navigation program (as the program thinks I want to scroll east to infinity)

I should also mention that keyboard functionality is severely impaired during the times it is pulling to the right.

I have thoroughly and carefully cleaned the trackball assembly.. and most of the time everything appears to work perfectly. Still this problem remains.

I was curious if anyone else has experienced this, and besides using this as a paperweight, had an ideas of what I should do.

Thanks.
    10-24-08 05:50 PM
    Maybe it needs a front end alignment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 06:04 PM
    My current 8820 was actually a replacement from my first which had several keys not working after a month of use... replacement worked ok for awhile... here's hoping the next one I receive doesn't have issues... because my warranty expires in a few weeks...
    10-31-08 09:34 AM
    Good luck. We need to keep our small 8820 base together. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD