I am a recent convert to the Blackberry from the HP iPAQ 4155. It was a great device, but a crack in the screen and an unsuccessful repair job meant I needed to upgrade. So I am now a somewhat pleased owner of the BB 8830. I say "somewhat" because there is one task that I have not found a solution to and I hope that you all can give me a helping hand.

Basically, I need to know how to copy an appointment and schedule it again in the future. With the iPAQ, I would drop down the menu, click on COPY, navigate to the day I want to schedule the follow-up appointment, drop down the menu and click PASTE. For the life of me, I have not figured out how to do a similar task with the BB 8830. I meet with the same people frequently so this is an essential task for me. Anyone out there with any ideas or solutions?
    01-28-08 07:39 PM
    Not exactly sure on the 8830 but the pearl you open the app. go to what you want to copy, hold down the shift key and scroll the trackball, the press the menu key and copy.
    01-28-08 07:50 PM
    Thanks for the reply, but I think this would only copy text; I am looking to copy the WHOLE appointment, which would include any notes I have for it.
    01-28-08 08:02 PM
    Ya the only way I usally do a lot of appointments is in Outlook.
    01-28-08 08:03 PM
    I was wondering if you have found any way to copy an appointment.

I also had this function on my old HP Palmtop. What I like to do is set and "appointment" (or alarm, if you prefer) a few days in advance of the real appointment. Then also set another alarm on the day. That way I get advance notice a few days ahead and can be prepared. Then on the day of, a few minutes before (or longer, if necessary) I would get the "real" notice.

Right now with the 8830, I can copy the text, scroll and then copy the other settings, too.
    01-31-08 10:01 PM
    To copy an appointment, you need to send it to yourself as an SMS. (note - I've only tried this on my 8900)

In "Day View", select the appt; blackberry key; scroll down to "Send as MMS"; Enter the recipient details and send.

I used an e-mail address. I didn't even have to wait to recieve the e-mail, I just
    * went to the sent version of it
    * opened it up
    * blackberry button
    * View appointment
    * Blackberry button
    * Add to Calendar

Easy and complete. Even copied recurring appointments.
    06-02-09 05:40 PM
    I only see "invitee" and just tried that - will see if the email works.

Well, I opened the OUTGOING and it will not show me any option to add to calendar.
    06-02-09 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD