I am using the desktop 4.3 with my 8820. When I sync with the USB, all is well. When using bluetooth, I get "connector specific error" after the final (address book) routine.
    Any help out there?
    Thanks
    12-31-07 10:43 AM
    I am getting the same error. I am also using desktop mgr 4.3. I have the 8830WE. I get the error when it tries to sync the calendar.

Mike
    01-22-08 08:29 AM
    Same here it just starts to sync with the Calendar and then the error message pops up. It happens when I use a USB as well with Bluetooth.

Any Suggestions?
    01-23-08 08:53 PM
    I've been having the same problem the past couple days. I've done battery pulls, reinstalled the DM, executed the 'repair' option to the OS, performed restores to Iggy, done battery pull and waits after removing recently installed programs...all to no avail. I had thought it might be related to following the steps outlined to free up memory (removing preinstalled wallpaper, voice dialing, vendor themes), but even after putting all that stuff back in via the OS repair (and doing the battery pull and wait ritual), I still get the prompt.

Iggy seems fine...not operating any slower, applications all work just fine, I can still add/remove apps, add music, wallpaper, and audiobooks to the media card via Roxio, but I can't sync with the calendar portion of Outlook. I might have to go to using Google's calendar exclusively...
    01-29-08 10:15 AM
    I called tmobile who ended up putting me through to RIM to figure the "connector specific error". The only solution they came up with was to connect the device to the computer and click the restore button. Then click advance. From there a list is populated on the right side of the screen. I was told to highlight calendar and click clear. It cleared my calendar off of my device and when I synced it back up with my Outlook it worked perfectly. This fixed the problem right away. The only warning you should take into account is make sure your calendar on your computer is up to date because the phone calendar is erased before syncing back up.

Hope that works!
    02-01-08 03:42 PM
    Worked perfect, tahnk you.
    02-08-08 03:16 PM
    Thanks, Rymalone. That worked quite well.
    02-09-08 12:28 AM
    That worked for me too. Thanks.
    02-21-08 04:51 PM
    and me too! Thank you
    Last edited by centrifugal-jiggle; 03-25-08 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Change title to be more appropriate
    03-25-08 09:58 AM
    Thanks! This one relieved some frustration on my end as well.
    04-02-08 12:16 AM
    This fixed the same problem on my 8300. Thanks!
    04-02-08 09:28 PM

A million THANKS!

That worked superbly!!!!
    04-11-08 12:11 AM
    Worked on my 8900 too! Thanks.
    05-18-09 10:24 PM
    OK, having this conector error problem with bluetooth only. When I look at Restore->advanced, in the list of databases I have TWO address books. One is Address and the other is address - ALL each with 490 records.
    This doesn't seem right. Which one should be there and which not? Or, should I clear them both?

Also, the device is a new 9630 Tour.

Thanks!
    07-17-09 03:30 PM
    To help clarify, and it finally dawned on me, this was what the fix ....
    go the 'map fields' section (look up " Mapping fields" in the Intellisync help menu) and uncheck the arrow going from <contact photo> to <direct connect> - it worked for me.
    fairygirllv likes this.
    10-26-09 02:24 PM
    go the 'map fields' section (look up " Mapping fields" in the Intellisync help menu) and uncheck the arrow going from <contact photo> to <direct connect> - it worked for me.
    worked awesome! thanks!
    11-28-09 10:10 PM
    to help clarify, and it finally dawned on me, this was what the fix ....
    Go the 'map fields' section (look up " mapping fields" in the intellisync help menu) and uncheck the arrow going from <contact photo> to <direct connect> - it worked for me.

noice....!!!!
    12-21-09 09:59 PM
    So this means we cannot import our contact photographs? I'm new to the Tour, just got it a week ago. My Curve never had these problems. I was able to sync with no problems and it even included the contact photos. Is there a way to include the contact photos?
    01-01-10 11:31 PM
    Wow, I don't know how you figured this out, but it worked! Thanks much! I just upgraded to Desktop 6.0 and started having this problem. But now it's fixed, thanks again!
    08-10-10 04:41 PM
    dominoky, thank you very very much. That was the key to the whole thing.
    12-21-10 10:48 AM
    "To help clarify, and it finally dawned on me, this was what the fix ....
    go the 'map fields' section (look up " Mapping fields" in the Intellisync help menu) and uncheck the arrow going from <contact photo> to <direct connect> - it worked for me. "

Thanks Dominoky,,.. It worked for me .. I had **** time for this fix more than three day.. thansk a ton
    08-05-11 12:09 PM
    Thanks soooo much dominoky. This was DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!! Worked perfectly.
    08-14-11 08:07 AM
    Me too, on my 8350I uncheck the arrow going from photo
    DO NOT MAP PHOTO

Steps:
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager
    BlackBerry Curve 8350
    Organizer
    Check Address Book <-- Windows 7(Contacts)
    Configure Settings...
    Check only Address Book <--- Windows 7(Contacts)
    Advanced
    Map Fields
    Double-click arrow at Picture field so that there
    is NO mapping of the Picture field.

this drove us crazy until we found the SIMPLE solution
    WHY DID IT TAKE ALL EVENING
    01-11-12 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD