I never stated what happens with the phone, it reboots several times while in the connecting to ROM process, i did not upgrade the DM i had 4.6 installed without Media Manager and then decided to try out version 4.3. I am new to the bb world sad to say RIM makes poor Software, being a software developer myself.
    It does take some time to reconnect to the boot ROM. Is the DM giving you an error? I have had it take up to a half an hr on a bad day to reconnect to the boot ROM on the phone while loading a new OS. Unless the DM is giving you an error I would let it run and see what happens. If that doesn't do it then I would track down a windows machine and try it there. But since you were able to do some work with the VM to the phone it should work. The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is to do a complete reboot on everything to include the MAC and go from there.
    01-07-09 05:03 AM
    I used vmware and it worked like a charm.. Seems like the problem was Parallels. Thanks a lot for your help.
    01-07-09 11:47 AM
    I have a Verizon Curve (8330) and tried MULTIPLE times to a) install DM 4.7 but keep getting stuck at the Roxio Media Manager "gathering info" stage and b) to upgrade to os 4.5 and keeping getting stuck at the
    "connecting to boot ROM" fatal error. I'm running Win XP service pack 2 as a virtual machine on my Mac and am trying this is desperation after multiple problems with PocketMac. I love my BB but the software problems associated with it are beginning to wear me down. It also makes me WAY nervous that I can't back up any of my data in light of these software failures. Any suggestions?
    04-11-09 05:24 PM
    I have a Verizon Curve (8330) and tried MULTIPLE times to a) install DM 4.7 but keep getting stuck at the Roxio Media Manager "gathering info" stage and b) to upgrade to os 4.5 and keeping getting stuck at the
    "connecting to boot ROM" fatal error. I'm running Win XP service pack 2 as a virtual machine on my Mac and am trying this is desperation after multiple problems with PocketMac. I love my BB but the software problems associated with it are beginning to wear me down. It also makes me WAY nervous that I can't back up any of my data in light of these software failures. Any suggestions?
    'connecting to boot ROM' error solved 100%
    i tried tu upgrad an 8310 and an 8300 from 4.2 to 4.5 os.no succes.tried on a friends PC and worked just fine.so..the problem was my pc.i recently replaced it with a new one for gaming.so i tried to upgrad the 8300 on it.same error.so the problem was not the pc,was something connected to it.finaly i figured out that the WEB camera was causing the error.i unpluged it,uninstalled drivers and run BB upgrade again.and worked!in conclusion.disconnect all usb devices,uninstall drivers and it will work.sorry for bad english.hope this will help!
    01-21-10 01:40 AM
    I used vmware and it worked like a charm.. Seems like the problem was Parallels. Thanks a lot for your help.
    same problem I had on my macbook pro. Bricked my phone till I got VMWare Fusion installed on my mac. Originally had Parallels 3 installed and that wouldn't let me do anything in DM or BBSAK - wouldn't even connect to my Storm most of the time. Upgraded to Parallels 5 after reading that might fix it. BBSAK and DM both worked perfectly to backup everything in Parallels 5. When i got to the point of wiping my phone with BBSAK and the reloading the shrunk down hybrid OS with DM Loader.exe, I got the above stated problem: phone kept rebooting during "connecting to boot rom" step until the loader gave me an error after several tries. Frustrated and with a bricked phone at this point with no OS, I installed VMWare Fusion as a last ditch effort, and everything worked using windows in VMWare without a hitch. I think the problem is the way Parallels shares the USB connection with the host OS X machine. I guess VMWare handles it better for DM and BBSAK.

So in short - all of us mac users need to use DM with VMWare and not parallels until RIM issues us a fully functional Mac DM. I'd imagine you can also use boot camp and DM would work fine in it, just not parallels?
    03-08-10 04:02 PM
    same problem I had on my macbook pro. Bricked my phone till I got VMWare Fusion installed on my mac. Originally had Parallels 3 installed and that wouldn't let me do anything in DM or BBSAK - wouldn't even connect to my Storm most of the time. Upgraded to Parallels 5 after reading that might fix it. BBSAK and DM both worked perfectly to backup everything in Parallels 5. When i got to the point of wiping my phone with BBSAK and the reloading the shrunk down hybrid OS with DM Loader.exe, I got the above stated problem: phone kept rebooting during "connecting to boot rom" step until the loader gave me an error after several tries. Frustrated and with a bricked phone at this point with no OS, I installed VMWare Fusion as a last ditch effort, and everything worked using windows in VMWare without a hitch. I think the problem is the way Parallels shares the USB connection with the host OS X machine. I guess VMWare handles it better for DM and BBSAK.

So in short - all of us mac users need to use DM with VMWare and not parallels until RIM issues us a fully functional Mac DM. I'd imagine you can also use boot camp and DM would work fine in it, just not parallels?
    Im still having this issue.. my phone keeps rebootin when attempting to connect to rom. Its kinda annoying. I have always used VMware FUSION and windows 7 64bit. I need to help!
    05-20-10 04:49 PM
    I can't comment on any of the issues with Macs and virtual machines, but I was having this same problem with a Tour 9630 and DM6 on Windows 7 64bit when trying to update to 5.0.0.975. My device was plugged in via a USB hub. Moved it to a port on the front of the PC... Problem solved.
    11-21-10 11:12 PM
    my bb torch mep 0 left.how can i download mep o left fixer
    01-04-13 01:24 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD