Does anyone know how to safely clean the trackball for the 8830WE? Mine is just dirty from everyday use and in the dark you can see different shades over the ball coming thru the light - gross I know. Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-08 05:48 PM
    lol, pretty easy. Get some isopropyl alcohol and some qtips. Dip the qtip in the alcohol and let most of it drip off... and touch the trackball with the alcohol, and then gently wipe the ball with a clean, preferably lint-free cloth.

That is one way, there are more complicated methods involving removing the trackball.

Good luck.
    01-11-08 05:51 PM
    Don't remove the trackball!!!!! Worst nightmare of my life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-08 10:27 PM
    FYI . . . I just used an eyeglass cleaning wipe. I turned off the device and gently rubbed the ball with it. Worked a charm. I used Bausch and Lomb Sight Savers, which is dampened with isopropyl alcohol, but I think pretty much any eyeglass wipe contains the same.
    11-09-09 12:35 PM
    Use some rubbing alcohol on a q-tip and rub against the ball all around. Use some compress air to free it from any particles of dust or dirt if you don't want to remove it. If you want to take out the trackball you can either replace the trackball with a brand new one or dissect the trackball housing and clean every roller and part with it. Most people just buy a new one though
    11-09-09 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD