Every time I sync my blackberry to my desktop, I get this message that its checking for device application updates. Please wait

I leave it for 2 hours and still nothing happens, so I have to either end up doing an End Task to close the desktop manager complete and when I start again, it the same issue. Unfortunately, I have to uninstall and re-install the desktop manager again so that I may sync once more.

Does anyone have this problem as well, if so, it there a work-a-round this.
    It is very frustrating.
    10-10-08 07:39 PM
    question, did you recently change your device fron like a pearl to a curve or something? if you did you might need to do a device change in your dm. I had the same problem when I switched from my pearl to the curve
    10-10-08 07:59 PM
    I have the same problem. I actually activated Bluetooth to work around the issue. Did anyone find a solution to this?
    11-19-08 10:36 AM
    Did you turn off the automatic update checking in desktop manager,
    where it tries look via internet for updates? See,

Fix Discovered for OS Upgrade Gone Haywire! | BlackBerryNews.com
    11-19-08 11:15 AM
    This usually doesn't happen unless you have an OS file loaded into DM. If you recently installed an OS to update your BB, just uninstall it if you no longer need it. That way, when you plug in, the Application Loader will not look for changes. Also, adding in applications via the Loader (3rd party apps that is), will sometimes cause this too if you leave the original alxs sitting around where you installed it from.
    11-19-08 03:45 PM
    Did you turn off the automatic update checking in desktop manager,
    where it tries look via internet for updates? See,
    This works.

Ta.
    12-06-09 06:27 AM
    my blackberry mob outomatic chacking for devaice
    04-12-13 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD