I love my BB 8830 but I can't figure out how to change the number of days before my password expires. I think it is only about 5 days right now as default, and this gets annoying.

Is there a way to increase the length of time before it expires? Am I just missing that option?

thanks
    07-06-09 12:41 PM
    Are you on a BES? If so, your IT policy probably controls the expiration time. Mine never expires. I've never seen an option anywhere in the security settings to set an expiration interval.
    07-06-09 05:12 PM
    Are you on a BES? If so, your IT policy probably controls the expiration time. Mine never expires. I've never seen an option anywhere in the security settings to set an expiration interval.
    Nope, not on a BES server. Is there a way that the BES policies would stay on the BB if the previous user had it on a BES server? if so, how can I take them off?

Thanks
    07-06-09 08:22 PM
    Nope, not on a BES server. Is there a way that the BES policies would stay on the BB if the previous user had it on a BES server? if so, how can I take them off?

Thanks
    Yes they can. If you bought the BlackBerry used, that could be the case. You can check to see if you have an IT policy in place by typing BUYR at the Options / Status screen. The letters won't show, but when you type them, two additional lines will be added to the Status display, Data Usage and Voice Usage. If you have an IT policy in force, the lines will read "IT Policy Enabled." If you don't, they will show usage statistics.

If you have an active IT policy, the procedures in this thread will enable you to remove it: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/remo...y-phone-81401/
    07-06-09 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD