For some reason, I can't send messages on this phone (8800). I tired everything to make it work my beginner brain could think of. I took out the battery but no avail.

When I go to messages, the option for Send SMS just doesn't show up.

Please help.
    02-17-09 02:10 AM
    Do you have an option for MMS? If you text a person and add pictures or any other media it delivers a MMS, but when you simply text a message its SMS. So even though there is no SMS option, the network deciphers it and sends the message as it should be. whether its SMS or MMS.
    Last edited by Patrickwc; 02-18-09 at 01:00 PM.
    02-18-09 12:58 PM
    it may be lacking service book issue?
    02-19-09 07:31 PM
    Do you have an option for MMS? If you text a person and add pictures or any other media it delivers a MMS, but when you simply text a message its SMS. So even though there is no SMS option, the network deciphers it and sends the message as it should be. whether its SMS or MMS.
    I can't send a MMS either. I dont even know what that is. When I try to send a MMS, it says, "No MMS Service Record, message cannot be sent. You will only be able to Save Draft.

I know I have a text plan with AT&T. Why don't I have the option for SMS on my phone (which I brought separately from AT&T)? Is there any way I can reset the phone?
    02-21-09 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD