My friend has an AT&T 8800 and he sold it on ebay. The buyer responded back that everything on the phone was fine except for the fact that he cannot send text messages. He can recieve and read text messages and make phone calls, and everything else is running smoothly. The buyer says he is familiar with BB's so it's not a problem of not knowing what to do.

He says that when he goes into the messages menu, there is no "Compose SMS".

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    12-18-08 11:01 AM
    No one? Seriously? I'm disappointed CBNation.
    12-18-08 09:59 PM
    Sorry. I've never heard that problem before and I couldn't even venture a guess as how to solve it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 01:53 AM
    Did you ever resolve the problem? I just bought an 8830 on ebay and the exact same thing has happened. I can make and receive phone calls and receive texts but can not send them. There is no option to send or reply to a text. Please help!
    04-18-09 04:55 PM
    i just figured it out!!!!!!! go to options, then sms text, then data coding and change it to 7 bit, thats how i got my texts to send again!
    10-22-09 08:10 PM
    guys my 2 cousin is experiencing the same problem no create SMS option one is bb 8800 and one is blackberry 8707g if anyone had any idea fixing this update me too
    10-28-09 06:12 AM
    RHHS- I am having the exact same problem except i bought my phone from craigslist. This is messed up and ive tried EVERYTHING. and it still will not work. HELP US
    11-09-09 03:07 PM
    I would think that a phone call to your respective carriers would resolve this problem pretty quickly.
    11-09-09 03:22 PM
    The icon of compose message is on main menu. Maybe it is hidden. You can select show all icon, you can see it.
    11-10-09 10:21 PM
    Sounds like they were used with BES and still have the IT policy enabled on them, best bet is to use BBSAK or JL_Cmdr to Reset Device to Factory defaults to remove the IT policy. Just remember doing this will wipe all data off the device, such as contacts and everything. DO NOT click the "Wipe" button on BBSAK Just Factory Reset.
    nganinho likes this.
    11-12-09 03:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD