I have just changed from a 7130 to an 8800, same phone contract with O2. Now I cannot send SMS messages, the option to send does not appear in any menus, but I can receive messages! I don't even get the reply option.

Any ideas?
    08-01-07 05:25 AM
    I take it you do have data on your account, right? I'd call your carrier; very strange considering you can receive...
    08-01-07 06:34 AM
    Thanks - I will give them a try.
    08-01-07 09:02 AM
    I have the same problem with my Pearl. No menu option to send sms. How did you resolve it? AT&T won't replace the device as I just went past the warranty period. Done all the installation of software, no change.
    02-05-08 01:54 PM
    If you are on BES this could be an Enterprise setting. Check with your admin. Also, try re-sending service books. That fixes almost as many problems as a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-08 03:22 PM
    No. I am simply using the AT&T network for everything. They told me me that they don't know why this is happening.
    02-07-08 10:53 AM
    Are you speaking of not having an sms icon on your apps. Screen? If you are you might need to have your service books resent to your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-08 12:19 PM
    I have a Curve 8330 and was able to send email a few days ago. I now cannot email out, but receive just fine. (A few days ago my appointment reminder was not working correctly so I went into preferences and possibly fiddled too much.) Any ideas of where to look?
    11-11-10 05:06 PM
    I had the same problem! I changed "Network to Send Over" -> "CS Preferred" and its working now!
    06-04-11 02:40 AM
    I had the same problem! I changed "Network to Send Over" -> "CS Preferred" and its working now!
    By following your advice, i can work out that too. Thx.
    07-11-11 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD