I've been running os 4.5 for about a week or two now, and I have not been able to play youtube videos. Whenever I try to play a video I get a message stating "An error has occurred attempting to play media." Can any tell me how to correct this problem? Thanks
    02-18-09 03:45 PM
    I've been running os 4.5 for about a week or two now, and I have not been able to play youtube videos. Whenever I try to play a video I get a message stating "An error has occurred attempting to play media." Can any tell me how to correct this problem? Thanks
    Are you running Bells"4.5 ? Is the problem not watching them from your mem card or staright from the site? Ive had the Bell Os since they released it and youtube streams fine..
    02-18-09 05:12 PM
    02-18-09 11:11 PM
    Are you running Bells"4.5 ? Is the problem not watching them from your mem card or staright from the site? Ive had the Bell Os since they released it and youtube streams fine..
    Yes, I'm running Bell's 4.5. The problem is trying to play them straight from the site. I haven't tried to play them from my memory card.
    02-18-09 11:28 PM
    I've tried it from both the mobile site and the regular youtube site, and no dice.
    02-18-09 11:31 PM
    I've tried it from both the mobile site and the regular youtube site, and no dice.
    I just tried m.youtube.com, and it worked with no problems.
    02-19-09 08:48 AM
    I can't play videos from either site....
    02-19-09 09:01 AM
    I can't play videos from either site....
    Do you get an error? What is your OS? I just tried again 2 different video's each opened my bb media player and played.
    02-19-09 09:33 AM
    no problems here...sorry.
    02-19-09 09:44 AM
    It works fine for me through the mobile site as well. Have you re-sent your servicebooks since loading 4.5?
    02-19-09 12:25 PM
    It works fine for me through the mobile site as well. Have you re-sent your servicebooks since loading 4.5?
    Yep, I resent the service books after I first noticed the problem. Any suggestions?
    02-19-09 12:47 PM
    I normally go to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. from the phone and works fine. Maybe you should do a backup and then reload the OS to see if that solves the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 02:26 PM
    if your blackberry is not playing videos pull out the battery from the back of the phone with it is still on.the guys at verizon said it gives it a hard reset and when i did it i can now watch videos again,they also said it is good to do that to the new blackberry storm every couple days
    02-19-09 03:47 PM
    if your blackberry is not playing videos pull out the battery from the back of the phone with it is still on.the guys at verizon said it gives it a hard reset and when i did it i can now watch videos again,they also said it is good to do that to the new blackberry storm every couple days
    02-19-09 03:47 PM
    I've pulled the battery and still no go.
    02-19-09 08:37 PM
    Have you thought about reloading the os??
    02-19-09 08:55 PM
    How much free file do you have open? if you are around or under 12MB any streaming vid that is over 10 seconds probably will not play. The issue is probably not enough space dedicated to "spool" the stream prior to playing it. The phone only uses a percentage of the available memory for the stream and it cant be much of it. A reboot normally fixes the lack of youtube issues unless you are loaded down with apps.
    02-19-09 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD