Hi,

had my BB 8800 for a month now after changing from Orange UK to Vodafone UK and keeping my old Orange number.
    Everything on the BB is working fine (texts, emails etc) but one thing that I can't do is make a call without being cut off. I cant pick up without being cut off and I cant call 121 without being cut off. I would say 1 out of every 12 calls are sucessful. Not only does it cut me off the whole BB turns off and freezes.
    Vodafone swapped the handset which made no difference then sent me a new SIM ( which they claimed was more powerful to cope with a BB ??) and that made no difference either.
    I am on the verge of jumping on the wretched thing as Vodafone seem oblivious to any problem and no one has any real advice. In the meantime I am stuck without a phone to run my business and sometimes I cant even retrieve a number from the BB because the damn thing is frozen!

Any suggestions gladly welcomed
    05-15-07 04:23 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com

Thus far you've changed the two MAIN components. So, I would suggest reloading the O.S., BUT, after that don't load any data on it...

Now, try a few calls and see what gives. Also, try updating to a newer O.S. if there is one...

If that fails, borrow someone sim's that is on the SAME carrier as you, and try to make calls with their sim. I wonder if it's something to do with the 'porting' of your number that is causing it. Lastly, has it been like this since you ported / got your BlackBerry?
    05-15-07 05:20 PM
    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I had wondered if the problem was with my "orange" number.
    When you say change the OS, what does that actually mean?

Before I had a BB I had a motorola flip phone that served me well. This is the first BB I have had and I've had nothing but trouble, although I realise I'm probably in the minority.
    Will certainly try the SIM thing.

Thanks again.
    05-16-07 01:31 AM
    O. S. = operating system, i.e. the software, like Windows, on the device...
    05-16-07 04:32 AM
    I have a question? I have been through 2 bb curves from vzw, that keep having the same problem The problem is that every two to three weeks I'm unable to make or receive phone calls, i can sms, mms and surf, but no phone calls. I can see the person calling me but when I go to answer the call all I get is dead air, its the same when I make a call as well. No one at vzw knows what causes that to happen.. Please help
    06-29-08 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD