I've got an unlocked BB 8820 recently. I've loaded Opera mini to the phone but for some reason, when i tried to install it, it says failed connection or something like that. Same thing with other apps like Amaze and im+. I have a regular data plan on my phone. I change the tcp to wap.voicestream.com and leave the username and password blank alr.
    What is wrong? Can someone please help?
    06-29-09 04:42 PM
    Check your service books to see if you have anything in there that says Browser. You might need to resend your SBs
    06-29-09 04:52 PM
    Now I could go online, I changed the APN to internet2.voicestream.com. A few questions here, bear with coz i'm a newbie on this. I'm seeing a blue font lower case edge on the upper right on my phone, what does that mean? I also see a greyish wifi, i don't have it set up, should i set it up? Will it interfere my connnection?

How do I know if i'm going online through edge or the data plan that I'm paying for?

Everytime when I tried to download something, the egde will turn grey and i get a message of ' subscription upgrade is needed' ...

How do I resend my Sb? Wil tmobile find out that i'm having a BB and force me to pay for a BB plan instead of a regular data plan?
    Last edited by voonli24; 06-29-09 at 05:39 PM.
    06-29-09 05:06 PM
    Now I could go online, I changed the APN to internet2.voicestream.com. A few questions here, bear with coz i'm a newbie on this. I'm seeing a blue font lower case edge on the upper right on my phone, what does that mean? I also see a greyish wifi, i don't have it set up, should i set it up? Will it interfere my connnection?

How do I know if i'm going online through edge or the data plan that I'm paying for?

Everytime when I tried to download something, the egde will turn grey and i get a message of ' subscription upgrade is needed' ...

How do I resend my Sb? Wil tmobile find out that i'm having a BB and force me to pay for a BB plan instead of a regular data plan?
    Well since you do NOT have a blackberry data plan you you will not be able to access the internet unless using Wi Fi. The lower case edge is just that, only being able to use the phone to make calls, and text messages.

Upper case EDGE will provide you with all the features a blackberry offers, but you will need to pay for the data plan.

As for T-mobile noticing you have a blackberry, I do not think they'll force you too put the data plan on, but your limited now to always having to use Wi Fi to get onto the web.

To setup Wi Fi just go to mobile connections and set up Wi Fi connection.

Hope this helps
    06-29-09 07:48 PM
    I have a BB curve 8520 but when i hit internet it is saying connection service not available all the time.
    Is it to do with the BB or my network?
    Im confused please help.
    04-28-11 07:53 AM
    Do you have a FULL BlackBerry Data Plan from your phone service provider/carrier?
    04-28-11 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD