I accidentally pressed an unknown keystroke combination when putting my BB into its case that changed the input language to what appears to be arabic or similar.
    Now I can't enter my password as the text goes from right to left and is in Arabic type symbols.

I have tried soft & hard resets to no avail. I can't even type in the wrong password 10 times because at the 5th attempt it asks me to type "blackberry" to proceed and I can't do that due to the arabic text.
    Trying ALT + Del doesn't work either to change the language settings.

I have spent the last 2 days searching the internet and it looks like unless I can find another solution, the only one appears to be using JL_Cmder to wipe the BB and start again.
    Has anyone any ideas?
    11-03-07 02:12 PM
    Haven't I seen this post somewhere before?? Did you get a fix for this yet? You're going to need to wipe the device.
    11-03-07 11:26 PM
    Hi John,
    Yes I posted it on blackberryforums.com as well as on here. I haven't wiped the device yet as I've reported it to my company Helpdesk and until I hear back from them don't want to do anything that may make the situation worse. I'm hoping they may have a way to remotely disable the password requirement. Clutching at straws probably.
    11-04-07 06:09 AM
    What about Arabic translation. Wouldn't this be possible?
    11-06-07 11:57 AM
    The bad news, yes, you have to wipe the device, etc, etc. But, since you're on BES (it seems), when you re-add the device to BES (if the admin DID NOT remove / delete the statistics) you'll get your data back; albeit without all the 'old' emails, but...
    11-06-07 12:08 PM
    A few people in the past have posted problems with their device suddenly changing language, to Arabic for example, as in this post. And were subsequently unable to change it.

Solution

If you hold down the Alt key then click the successively hit the Enter key, it's possible to move down the list, and change the available input language of your Blackberry
    11-30-07 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD