My former employer gave me my old BB so that I can use it privately. Unfortunately, I am not able to delete the old company email address nor can I add a new one. Whenever I connect the BB to the Desktop Manager all icons are good to klick, except the email manager. Whenever I klick that it says that I need to be connected online (which I always am). I can't figure out the problem. Does anyone know how to get around that?

Thanks
    10-10-11 09:19 AM
    On the device, go to the Service Books and find the [CMIME] and [CICAL] entries for the email address you want to delete, highlight them, press the Menu button and select "Delete".

You may also need to remove the IT Policy if it has one. Look in the "How To" forum for the instruction thread for that.
    10-10-11 09:36 AM
    Thanks a lot, it works (i.e. I was able to delete the old address)!. However, I was not able to add a new one as it still says that I need to be connected online (which I always am).
    10-17-11 07:26 AM
    Thanks a lot, it works (i.e. I was able to delete the old address)!. However, I was not able to add a new one as it still says that I need to be connected online (which I always am).
    Did you determine whether or not the device has an IT Policy still on it?
    10-17-11 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD