I have an 8830 WE and my IT group had to move me from one unit to another on Dec 10. Since that day, I can't delete the email from Dec 10 or before on my handheld, but have been able to delete each day since then. Currently my mail is showing for date Jan 12, Jan 11, then Dec 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 and 5. When I am on the date Dec 10 and select "Delete Prior", it does nothing.
    01-12-08 08:24 AM
    I had a similar problem yesterday. It was working one day, then not the next. I fixed it by going to email/options/email reconciliation, and made the settings:

Delete on: mailbox and handheld
    Wireless reconciliation: on
    On conflicts: mailbox wins

Making it "mailbox wins" was what fixed it for me. You might have to tinker with these 3 settings to find a combo that works for you.
    01-12-08 08:44 AM
    But I don't want to delete it on my mailbox, only my handheld.
    01-12-08 09:43 AM
    This is already the setting I have. It seems like the email that was sent during and before the transfer from one Blackberry to the other is "Saved" or stuck on the handheld. The 2 Test messages the IT tech sent are part of this, so it has saved or locked all the messages up to moments before the new configuration was ok'd. I need to know how to get rid of these previous messages, as day to day it works.
    01-12-08 09:52 AM
    Have you discussed this with IT yet?
    01-12-08 10:49 AM
    Have you discussed this with IT yet?
    Yes, they have been looking for a solution since that point. They are busy and overwhelmed, so, not a top priority.
    01-12-08 11:03 AM
    Well, my guess is that they might have backed up and restored the previous handheld to the new handheld. That could have messed something up, but who knows. If you're on BES then all your info on the phone should be in Exchange so if you don't care then I would simply do a data wipe on the phone and just reestablish your BES connection after that with a new activation. That should bring everything back. (You won't get apps and such back though.) If you were on BIS I'd suggest deleting the service books and resending them. I can't say (at the moment) if you can do the same thing with BES.
    01-12-08 11:12 AM
    You won't get your old messages back if you simply wipe and reactivate on the BES. You'll need to backup your messages and content store as those don't come back from the BES.
    01-12-08 12:34 PM
    You won't get your old messages back if you simply wipe and reactivate on the BES. You'll need to backup your messages and content store as those don't come back from the BES.
    I have BES. How do I do a wipe?
    01-12-08 01:13 PM
    Options >Security Options >General SEttings >menu key >Wipe Handheld. Do a backup first, just in case.
    01-12-08 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD