I've just been given a blackberry 8800 by my husband - it's his old work one. I've managed to remove all the security settings that his work put on it and now I can use it as a phone. I really want to be able to use the internet tho but every tim I try to connect to a page it says 'Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider'. It also comes up with the old network's logo (Telstra as we used to live in Australia) when I click on the browser application.

I'm currently on Tesco (02) pay as you go Sim and was able to access the internet on my old phone. I have phoned them and they said to contact blackberry but I thought I would try this forum first.

Can anyone help?
    09-30-09 05:08 AM
    Assuming you have WiFi capabilities on that phone, I had the same problem and solved it by going into:

"Manage Connections" - then, I turned off "Mobile Networks",

and turned on "Wi-Fi", only, backed out and did a "Setup WiFi" - "Scan For Networks" and it worked perfectly. After running it without the phone option, it seemed to find it's way back to normal operation and now the Mobile Networks can be turned on at the same time as Wi-Fi.

Hope this helps.
    10-02-09 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD