After upgrading to DM 4.7, I am unable to synchronize with Outlook 2003. It will call the add-in and synchronize, but not calender, notes and tasks. I receive the message below:

I am able to connect to the Internet. Was it something during the loading of the application? Any ideas?
    11-18-08 06:29 PM
    What message?
    11-18-08 06:31 PM
    To clarify, when the synchronize pops up, even if I click retry, it will not synch. It continues to tell me that I must be connected to the Internet which I am.
    11-18-08 06:35 PM
    Uninstall DM and reinstall it selecting the correct usage of the program. I think you chose the wrong usage, BES. You don't have BES so that's why you get that message.
    11-18-08 06:41 PM
    Thanks sunkast, now that I think about the install, you are exactly right. I am sure I chose the wrong option. This has been driving me crazy for about 2 hours. Thanks for your expertise!
    11-18-08 06:45 PM
    Really puzzled now! I uninstalled DM 4.7, re-installed and received the same message. I did make sure that I did not choose the BES option, so I know that is not the problem. I notice on the Blackberry download site that they also list Blackberry USB and Modem Drivers ITA (DM4.7b50). Are these required so I do not get that above message about being connected to the Internet? Any assistance would appreciated.
    11-19-08 07:57 AM
    11-19-08 12:48 PM
    Sunkast, thank you for the links. I have read all of them and was unable to find an answer for my problem. My solution was to downgrade to v 4.2 SP2 and the device was able to sync. I have been working with Blackberry in their forums to find a solution and they are currently analyzing the issue. I hope they find a solution as the user interface is much better for the advanced version of DM, but until then, I at least can sync data from device to Outlook. I will keep all posted if and when Blackberry replies.
    11-29-08 04:24 PM
    I just purchased my first BB. I am also having the same problem. How do I downgrade to v 4.2 SP2? I also get the same notice (CONNECT TO INTERNET). Thanks!
    12-01-08 09:31 PM
    Greetings fastump, and welcome to CB! Uninstall your current version of Desktop Manager if you have not already using the Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove function of your Windows OS. Then download v4.2 SP2 from Blackberry. Here is the link:

BlackBerry - Desktop Software - BlackBerry Desktop Software at BlackBerry.com

Simply follow the instructions during the install and you should be all set.
    12-02-08 06:22 AM
    I've also had this same error "Your computer must be connected to the Internet" after installing DM 4.7 for my new Storm. This is my first BB device, so also my first time installing DM on my PC. Over the coarse of the past few days, I've tried all the recommended solutions (uninstalling/reinstalling, disabling virus software, disabling my firewall, blah...blah...blah) and nothing let me make the connection to sync my Storm. Then...for other reasons, I went back and installed V Cast with Rhaopsody from the white Verizon CD (after DM 4.7 was installed and still getting the "Your computer must be connected to the Internet" error message). A few minutes later, I hooked up my phone to transfer files to the data card and I tried the sync button (just for fun) and it worked. It's continued to work for a few days now with a number of re-boots to the PC.

I'm no techy and I have no idea (or concern) if installing V Cast was what fixed this issue, but it works now. You might want to try it if you haven't already installed this piece of software.

Grey
    12-11-08 03:50 PM
    Hi Grey,

Just wanted to thank you for your post. My husband just got a Storm yesterday and for the life of me I couldn't get it to sync with his Outlook. After trying everyone's previous suggestions, I decided to try yours (installing the Vcast with Rhapsody). It worked like a dream. Started syncing as soon as I restarted Outlook and the desktop manager.

Many Thanks,
    luv2teachtech
    12-28-08 10:34 AM
    I had the same problem until I realized (I don't know why) that DM 4.7 was using my secondary private address to access internet. I removed the private address and restarted DM; the synchronization worked well. Good Luck!!
    09-30-10 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD