I can send, but can not receive email/data/PINs...
    However, if I am connected to my wifi, then everything works normally.

Also, Desktop CMIME UID is my email address - shouldn't it be a BlackBerry network provided ID?

When I run diagnostic (and I'm not connected to my wifi)
    BlackBerry Registration: Yes
    Connected to BlackBerry: Yes
    BlackBerry PIN-PIN: No
    Server address is incorrect: reads as my email address i.e. my.name@ isp.com

Any thoughts?

- - - - - -
    More info below:

I had two DTM's set up - home computer, office computer - issue started after I sync'd. I reinstalled Desktop Service Books CICAL, CMIME. Still no solution.

I can connect to EDGE
    Data Services are "On".
    I reinstalled Desktop Service Books CICAL, CMIME

Other facts about set up.
    ATT,
    updated Desktop Mgr,
    updated BB OS,
    I do not use BES

- - - - -

b.shaw
    http:// bshaws.blogspot.com
    06-17-08 10:18 AM
    RIM is reporting an outage!!!!
    06-17-08 11:17 AM
    Thanx. However, it's been a couple of days. Has their outage been that long?
    06-17-08 06:16 PM
    I have the same exact problem for the past two days.

any ideas?

Bold 4.6.0.210
    12-15-08 05:25 AM
    The only thing I can think of right now is to resend service books.
    12-15-08 04:30 PM
    I did send the service books many times but no luck.

still I can send email but can't receive any. send and receive SMS / phone calls.

but no emails. very strange. I am traveling now and will try to call the service provider tomorrow to check with them if they have any solution to this.

in the mean time if anybody have any idea to fix this.

Thanks

/ Zamil
    Last edited by zsafwan; 12-17-08 at 02:53 AM.
    12-16-08 11:10 AM
    Anybody have any luck with this issue?

I'm experiencing this issue and everything is resolved when I use Wifi, however whenever I am on the mobile network, pin-pin, etc does not work, yes the diagnostics are all OK except PIN-PIN ):

Any ideas?
    04-10-09 01:44 PM
    Bump.

I just started experiencing this problem yesterday. Spent all night, troubleshooting my 8310 to no avail.

When I run my diagnostic test, it hangs at Blackberry PIN-PIN ....

I can send e-mails, use the phone, Windows Live Messenger and Gtalk are fine but am not receiving any of my Hotmail, Gmail, etc. messages.

Last night I tried updating my OS but that failed for some reason. I'm now out of ideas!
    05-07-09 08:52 AM
    I now have this issue every few months, symptoms are:

* When Wifi is enabled _everything_ is ok that uses Wifi, the other mentions below are when Wifi is disabled,
    * The 'setup' icon which takes you to your providers BIS page times out
    * Google, BeejiveIM, etc does not work
    * When I get servicebooks sent to me I do not receive them (when Wifi is enabled I _DO_ though and it does not fix the problem)
    * When doing diagnostic test PIN-PIN fails
    * I can _send_ PIN messages (PIN mail or Blackberrychat) to people but I never get delivery reports or replies

My provider got me to try several things:
    * Removing all but transport in Servicebooks due to possible corruption - no fix
    * Sent servicebooks (never received, when I do receive it over Wifi no change)
    * Pull battery, reboot, several times
    * Change mobile network to 'manual' set it on another network, and then set it back, no change
    * Go to routing table and do the 'register' thing - no change
    * Setup a new 'BIS' email address, send me test mesages - of course I never get them (unless again I turn on Wifi)
    * Every time so far Vodafone 1stline has been unable to help me with this issue and transferred me to their 2ndline people (in fact, they always state that there is _nothing_ wrong when they look at your setup/account), in some cases I have had my problem go on for 3 days and they tend to blame the handset. However - it seems like the fix is that they remove the Blackberry service from your account (while your phone is turned off) and then put it on again (at which point you turn on your phone) and it works...
    * Vodafone has mentioned that maybe I should upgrade my OS (I would have thought a operator can see you're running a newer OS but does not seem like the case!) - I've done several upgrades/downgrades in 4.6.x and no change to the behaviour - I think it's purely a mobile-network issue (somehow?)

It's getting quite irritating and I'm hoping someone else has these issues and knows of possible _user_side_ fixes as getting the operator's support people to remove/add services does not seem like a good idea to them :P

Cheers,
    E
    05-08-09 01:20 AM
    hello,

in the past week i've started to receive the same symptoms on my Bold.

have been through the same troubleshooting path below. any ideas what may be causing the problem and what can be done?

G.
    05-27-09 02:27 AM
    Are you all on BIS, or BES? There is a quick solution for BES users.
    06-03-09 10:27 AM
    Estaga,

If you hae desktop manager installed, you can connect to the PC, and regenerate the encryption key. I've seen this resolve these issues.
    06-03-09 10:59 AM
    BIS for me...
    06-04-09 12:53 AM
    I have the same issue..... BIS
    just started a couple days ago... I have AT&T
    the only way it works is if I can connect to WIFI --- strange..
    07-22-09 09:10 PM
    :
    Device: Bold with AT&T, running 4.6.0.282 multilanguage pack. On BES, but also have gmail loaded.

Ran for months without major problems, but now experiencing the same problems. I can connect to things on wifi but not mobile network, EXCEPT for pages on the browser loaded using media net (as opposed to internet browser). I also get the pin-pin error and can send but cannot receive emails...

3rd party apps are fairly common: viigo, google maps, worldmate.

My admin, at&t tech support (2nd lvl), and at&t BES support (2nd lvl) all have no solution except for master wipe & reinstall.

There has to be an easier way???
    10-12-09 05:17 PM
    I have what appears to be the same problem. Although my 8900 worked fine for about 2 months, I can no longer receive emails unless I am connected to WiFi. I've spent 3 hours with T-Mobile and they have no idea what to do. When I'm within WiFi range, everything works fine. Diagnostic shows everything working except PIN-PIN. Has someone figure out how to fix this problem? Thanks!
    11-13-09 05:08 PM
    After many hours dealing with multiple levels of tech support, I was able to speak with someone at RIM who said that the BlackBerry server somehow got in a "rut" and that for my particular account it was only looking for my BlackBerry on the WiFi network, not on the EDGE network.

So he "reset" my account. And it fixed the problem. He said that there was nothing I could do on my end to fix the problem. And he said that he sees it happen from time to time.
    11-20-09 10:36 PM
    I have the exact same problem, when I run the diagnostics test all services appear active except (Blackberry PIN-PIN:no) i have tried everything, reboot, wipe, calling service provider, new service books, new OS, and nothing works.

Is there a number, email, or way of communication with the people at RIM so they can help me out?
    11-25-09 04:41 PM
    I had the same problem....

sorry I cant post links yet...so, search blackberry.com (support) for:

Document KB20291

I spent a long time on the phone and RIM resolved it....
    02-21-10 05:30 PM
    Unreal that BlackBerry just leaves users hanging with this one.

The aforementioned article concludes with this:

Resolution
    This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.
    02-24-10 06:56 AM
    Unreal that BlackBerry just leaves users hanging with this one.

The aforementioned article concludes with this:

They aren't leaving anyone hanging. Sometimes things happen and it takes some time to troubleshoot the issue and then resolve it.... Be patient. Nothing is perfect.
    02-24-10 08:21 AM
    Are you all on BIS, or BES? There is a quick solution for BES users.
    Are you $h1tting me? What's the quick solution for BES users?
    08-13-10 01:05 PM
    I had this same issue today. I just went in on the BES and deleted the user and added them back. It solved the not being able to receive emials.
    03-29-11 11:49 AM
    I ws facing the same problem. My carrier is vodafone. Go to Setup Wizard than Email Setting. Press Blackberry menu key on any of your configured account and select service book option.And just send service book. Done.
    08-09-11 11:47 AM
    Now I'm facing the same problem like all said in this thread.
    Any solutions other than sending service books, register host routing table, battery pull, upgrade OS, email account delete and adding. Because I have done all this several times but STILL NOR RECEIVE EMAILS but can send in BIS network and wifi off.

If anybody active in this thread, pls suggest solutions other than I mentioned above.
    01-30-13 12:27 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD