I'm just listening to mono podcasts while doing the boring counting work i do, but can i port the audio to my BT headset instead of buying a corded headset?
    01-30-08 04:09 PM
    Nope. No Bluetooth mono headset support from the Media Manager.
    01-30-08 04:13 PM
    Are there any single headsets that will identify as a stereo headset? I have the Motorola S9 which work great if I am not driving, but I cannot wear a full headset while driving and that is when I want to listen to the POD casts.

Ok, I found the Jabra BT8010, but want to know if it will identify and play music with the second earpiece not connected? Will that enable me to listen to pod casts (mp3) with just the one bud?
    Last edited by VernMcC; 02-10-08 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Added Info
    02-10-08 04:41 AM
    Ok, I found the Jabra BT8010, but want to know if it will identify and play music with the second earpiece not connected? Will that enable me to listen to pod casts (mp3) with just the one bud?
    I'm curious about that too.

Hey Vern, what's your opinion about the 8010? Sound quality (media and voice)? Is it uncomfortable or too big?
    I'm on the fence with the jabra. There doesn't seem to be any stereo bt that everyone agrees on. I don't want the S9 or anything like that. I want something i can put in my pocket.
    02-10-08 05:24 AM
    I use the S9 for play and an H505 for work, I just wanted to be able to listen to pod casts while working through a single ear bud. I don't have the BT8010 yet, checking here before I buy it.
    02-10-08 05:29 AM
    oooh... woops
    02-10-08 05:30 AM
    The Jabra BT8040 supports A2DP and it is for one ear only.
    02-10-08 07:35 AM
    I just placed my S9 on my head and only have one ear piece in. It may look odd but it is not uncomfortable. While driving, I suspect no one would notice the asymmetric look (G)
    02-10-08 11:53 AM
    I got the Jabra and love it. I can listen to several hours of pod casts while I move around without having to wear two ear buds. Works like a champ. Now just waiting for 4.3OS so I can get the streaming audio codecs so I won't have to dl to the computer then copy over to the microSD card.
    02-15-08 08:40 PM
    I just go the BB 8100. I also purchased a H680 BT headset. I was dissappointed to find out I could not listen to songs thru it. I read many forums, all saying that the Pearl does not support this. However, once I downloaded the media player from Dollar 5, I was able to listen to the MP3 and video thru the headset. It's GRRRREAT!
    04-11-08 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD