Hey guys,

I found an 8830 in pretty good shape, someone had left it in the back of a cab. I checked the phone for an owner and there was nothing listed, no phone numbers, no emails. I'm guessing it was pretty new when it was lost. Anyway, I'm curious if there is even anything I can do with this phone. It's in really nice shape, but since I'm on AT&T I can't really use it anyway.

Thanks.
    03-17-09 10:59 AM
    Have you considered contacting the carrier with the PIN? They may be able to locate the owner with that information.
    03-17-09 11:52 AM
    You can get it back to the owner ... I'd be pi$$ed if I lost mine, wouldn't you?

The ESN of the phone is connected to the account of the owner ... take it to the right carrier (logo's somewhere on the phone) and they will be able to contact whoever lost it.
    03-17-09 11:56 AM
    Ok I'll give that a shot. I dont know how Verizon phones work at all, so I wasn't aware you could even do that hehe

Thanks
    03-17-09 12:12 PM
    i don't think it's Verizon...i think it's ALL carriers
    03-17-09 12:13 PM
    Um, I am confused. What?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 12:19 PM
    I think theSultan meant to say, "it not JUST Verizon.... all carries should be able to track the ESN or IMEI" of their phones.
    03-17-09 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD