I searched the forum and could not find an answer to this question so forgive me if it has been asked and I missed it.

Does anyone know if there are plans to add a camera to the 8830 WE with Sprint? I currently have a Pearl and will be upgrading my phone soon. I travel on a regular basis so I currently have a GSM phone for travel and the Pearl for when I'm home. It's very annoying to have to switch phones but a camera is important to me.

Thanks for the help!
    04-13-09 01:15 PM
    no camera on 8830. you'd need to look at another model to have that feature. plus 8830's are basically being phased out for newer models, so you might want to look at other options (not sure what the newer ones are since i'm happy w/ mine with no phone and haven't been looking recently - others here will no doubt have suggestions).
    04-13-09 02:19 PM
    Since the 9630 Niagara is listed at the 8830 replacement, and has a 3.2MP camera, I doubt there will be another 88xx series device added.

If you like the 8830 styling, and want a camera in your BB, watch for the 9630 to be released this summer.
    04-13-09 02:50 PM
    The reason it does not have a camera is for use in plants and overseas travel.
    04-13-09 11:59 PM
    As sandsjh has said, they left it off on purpose. However, that begs the question, what will someone use if they need a blackberry but can't have a camera on it.....
    04-14-09 12:01 AM
    There will be future models without cameras.

The 8350i just came out with a camera-less model. There is reports of a Bold model in Japan without a camera. I'm sure there will be a 96xx/89xx model without a camera as well.
    04-14-09 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD