I have Verizon phone service and I'm still fairly convinced this problem is on their end, but at this point I'm looking for advice.

I frequently have people call me and tell me that my phone wouldn't accept their message, getting a "Sorry, we didn't get that, please record your message after the tone" after they start talking.

Now, I'm familiar with this problem with bad cell phone connections, but it's been occurring from land lines as well as cell phones.

I had Verizon uninstall and reinstall the voice mail feature on my phone to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions on the next step(s) I should take? Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts.
    04-14-08 10:29 AM
    Is it the same people or different ones that are complaining about it? Have you tried it yourself to see if it's a problem for you as well?
    04-14-08 10:54 AM
    It has happened with at least a half dozen people, both cell phones and landlines. It's certainly not everyone, and it's not even consistent with those claiming to have the problems.

I've attempted, but have not been able to recreate the problem myself.
    04-14-08 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD