My 8830 call quailty leaves a lot to be desired, the calls i receive are clear, my calls from what people tell me on the other end, sound like i'm under water, i've gone to Verizon to try to solve this problem, i've tried over the phone, i've had one phone replaced and now the new phone is doing the same thing. i need to be able to make a clear call, or the phone is of no use to me.
    04-19-09 07:32 PM
    Are you sure its your phone thats the problem???
    04-19-09 08:39 PM
    My 8830 call quailty leaves a lot to be desired, the calls i receive are clear, my calls from what people tell me on the other end, sound like i'm under water, i've gone to Verizon to try to solve this problem, i've tried over the phone, i've had one phone replaced and now the new phone is doing the same thing. i need to be able to make a clear call, or the phone is of no use to me.
    Were do you live?, and it doesn't sound as if it's the device.
    04-19-09 09:17 PM
    I had a similar problem, it was my own fault. I just didn't relize where the mic was since I was coming from a pearl. All I did was hold the phone to position the mic closer to my phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 09:54 PM
    I've been through a few 8830s on Alltel, and all have had excellent call quality both ways. And, I'm seriously anal about my equipment and call audio quality.

Never had to change any settings, just out of the box OEM settings. Not sure at all what the issue could be other than as mentioned with mic placement.

Does it do it in all areas? Maybe the local tower is having an issue?
    04-20-09 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD