I have a user who's call log icon won't clear. It is recording 3 missed calls (icon on home screen). If he gets a new call, it changes to 4 then when he checks, it clears the new on but keeps showing 3 missed calls? Our other units are not doing that just his. Any suggestions? (We've cleared the log and removed the battery?)
    07-25-08 11:22 AM
    try switchin to a different theme and then back to the one they were on, that might fix it
    07-25-08 11:24 AM
    Tried that, thank you but no luck still.
    Last edited by lcregan; 07-25-08 at 01:52 PM.
    07-25-08 11:32 AM
    I am having the same problem if you figure it out before I do please post it and I will do the same thanks
    08-07-08 12:02 PM
    Battery pull?
    08-07-08 01:07 PM
    Yes I have pulled the battery multiple times, also have tried changing themes and also deleting call logs.
    08-07-08 01:30 PM
    Unfortunately, you may have to wipe his device and reload. Here is a relevant post from a knowledgeable member: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/miss...ls-icon-54841/
    08-07-08 01:34 PM
    To wipe my device do I have to be linked to my lap top or can I do it with my bb? Sorry if this is a newbie question but this is my first berry and I don't want to screw it up. Will it reload to the way it was when I got I or will I lose everything on it and not be able to use it at all. If that is the case then will I have to do a backup or not? Sorry I am not very tech savy but I am learning just don't want it to cost me my berry because I don't know if the bold will ever come out. Thanks for any help.
    08-07-08 01:59 PM
    You do need to make a backup before you wipe your device. Wiping will cause you to lose everything on the device, so you will have to recover using your backup. Since you are very new to your device, I would suggest you just live with the missed call icon until you get a little more familiar with everything. Then you can perform the following procedure: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

This procedure is not hard to perform, but it is not trivial either, and it can be hard to understand for new users. Once you get more familiar with your device, you can use it to backup, wipe, and restore your OS.
    08-07-08 02:13 PM
    Thanks for the advice there is another post labled missing icon????? It shows a solution by deleting your call logs from desktop manager and it seems to be working for everyone bu I am not at home so I must deal with it today. I appreciate all the help. This is why this is my favorite site everyone helps each other. Crackberry rules!!!!!!!!
    08-07-08 02:22 PM
    I don't know about another post, but if you find a simpler way to solve the problem without doing the wipe/restore, definitely try it. If it works, you've saved yourself a lot of work, and if it doesn't, you're probably no worse off.
    08-07-08 02:28 PM
    Hey JeffH deleting call logs had no effect had to do a wipe thanks for all your help. If nothing else I am getting to know how to use my BB more and more every day.
    08-17-08 10:53 PM
    I would go for the wipe and restore. that will definetely solve the problem.
    08-24-08 02:40 AM
    What is the version of your bb os,I'm using 4.5.0.37
    I have the same problem.I set a speed dial to the user.This is the only difference between the user with the others.
    Maybe this is a software bug.
    08-24-08 10:24 AM
    I have the same problem with the missed call icon. I have tried all but the wipe. Now here is the kicker... I have had recent back ups but have had this problem for a few months. Would it even be worth it to wipe and do a restore? Meaning wouldnt the problem duplicate?
    08-25-08 04:25 PM
    I don't think restoring your backup will also restore your problem. Wiping and restoring is the only solution that's been found to consistently work. Everyone who's done it has been told to backup first, then wipe and restore, and no one has reported the problem restoring with their backup. So I think you are safe. Make a backup, then do the wipe and restore.
    08-25-08 05:15 PM
    So even though the wipe takes FOREVER...... It worked. I even did a seperate backup of my 3rd party apps. Thanks for the help!
    08-27-08 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD