My 8830 is linked with my office however when I add entries to my calendar I don't want it syncing with my work calendar. Is there a way to keep that from happening? I just don't need those calendar entires on my work computer. I don't really know what I need though b/c I still need things that are added to work calender to show on my calender. I dunno what to do...is there a seperate calender to use for personal use?
    05-17-08 06:17 PM
    You can mark events "Private" on your work calendar. It will show the time occupied, but no one can see the contents.
    05-17-08 08:25 PM
    google calendar?
    05-17-08 10:19 PM
    It still shows the contents when I log on at work. That is so aggravating. I just put the google calendar on to try to use that but it reminded me to much of an old message board and it didnt let me know when i had an appt. Any other ideas?
    05-18-08 07:24 PM
    YOU can see your private appts at work. No one else can. If you don't want it open on your screen, don't open it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-08 07:33 PM
    Ok as long as I am the only 1 that can see it. I mean it's not like it's that huge secret deal but I didn't want someone logging on and seeing my doctor appt or what might be going on with my kids school or what have you. I just wasn't sure how that worked exactly if it went through the BES. Ya know? You hear everything about privacy when you work with a buncha idiots who are constantly in trouble for something and dragging the world into the mix too.
    05-18-08 08:00 PM
    If you don't want it open on your screen, don't open it.
    HAAAHAAAAHAAAA true
    05-18-08 08:01 PM
    I'm not a BES administrator, so I can't say for sure, but I'd be surprised if you have any worries about them: 1) I doubt your admin can see your private appts and 2) even if your admin can, he/she is probably already bound by confidentiality agreements.
    05-18-08 08:20 PM
    I have a similar problem. I generally create my appointments on my blackberry calendar, and any that are "private" are marked as such. When I log into my work calendar on my PC, I can see all the appointments, but assumed that everyone else was just seeing my time as busy. But last week a co-worker opened my calendar on her system, and could see all of my private appointments' details! Evidently marking them as private on the bb doesn't make them private when it syncs with my work calendar. Any ideas?
    06-30-08 12:52 PM
    A few assumptions to check: 1. I'm on a BES. I assume you are too. 2. I assume you are using the "Share My Calendar" function in Outlook 2003, and have granted access to this coworker. 3. I assume she logged in under her own userID, and not using yours.

I have verified that one of my coworkers, to whom I've granted "reviewer" access, cannot see my private appointments. I opened a not-private appointment using the Blackberry calendar and checked the "private" box. I called Jill; she opened my calendar, and all she could see was "Private appointment." No details, not even the name of the appointment. I then opened the appointment in Outlook and unchecked the "Private" box. In about 30 seconds, the key disappeared from calendar entry on her screen, and she was able to read the appointment title and open it.

This is how the system is supposed to work. Are any of my assumptions wrong? If not, you need to talk to your IT people. Something's wrong.
    06-30-08 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD