I've been able to download a video to my BB8830 with no problem and have been able to play it with the sound coming out of the speakerphone. When I switched from Activate speakerphone to Activate headset, the BT headset (Jabra 350) didn't play any sound. What am I doing wrong?
    01-28-08 09:30 PM
    Nothing, it just doesn't support that. It will only play music. I was very disappointed when I tried that with my BT stereo headphones.
    01-28-08 09:41 PM
    Great, so I would have to share the movie with everyone on the plane! Good thing I have an iPod. Thanks for the response.
    01-28-08 10:06 PM
    Good thing I have an iPod.
    Does the iPod have Bluetooth?
    01-28-08 11:16 PM
    No, my iPod doesn't have BT, but I can at least use my Bose headphones. Just tried plugging them into my BB, but the music and video don't play through them either. Do I need to purchase specific BB headphones?
    01-29-08 09:34 AM
    No, but you need to purchase a 3 way 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter. The plug on the BB is like any other 2.5mm phone plug. It has stereo for sound and mono for mic... 3 way plug. You'll need an adapter that had a mic inline so that you can plug headphones into it and also make calls with them if needed. Check the forums or buy this one https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Lsbmj_eJ This is what I have and it works great with any headphone as well as a plug into my car. I can even use it for calls as hands free in the car or with the headphones. I just don't use the headphones that come with it because they suck. I use my own pair.
    01-29-08 09:58 AM
    Thanks JRSCCivic98, I got the LG stereo headset and used the 2.5 to 3.5mm adaptor to plug my Bose headset into the BB8830. I can actually hear the movie and music in the headset, but can't seem to adjust the volume very loud even with the BB volume all the way up and the LG adaptor volume all the way up. I'm concerned that I won't be able to hear the audio while on a plane. Anyway to increase the audio volume more?
    01-30-08 01:06 AM
    I have no problems with volume on my music. If the volume is a problem with the movies, you might want to check your volume settings when you converted them.
    01-30-08 10:25 AM
    great question on the volume increase of movies while in headset mode. I've run into this too and haven't been able to figure out a solution yet.
    01-30-08 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD