Just randomly two days ago I opened my browser and the page wouldn't load - instead I got an error message saying "Your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries. please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device." ...HUH? I've had my phone for a month now and have never had problems with the internet, this happened totally out of the blue. I don't know what it means! Any ideas??
    12-17-08 11:17 PM
    Resend your service books and reregister your HRT, as described here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/serv...ks-how-115031/
    12-17-08 11:18 PM
    thanks - now the browser actually loads, except I can't navigate away from the "Blackberry Internet Service" page. there's no 'go to' option in my menu, and when I try to go to my home page it just reloads this same page...
    12-17-08 11:33 PM
    With the Browser open, press the Menu button, Options / Cache Operations and clear all your caches. In Options / Browser Configuration, Set your Start Page to Bookmarks Page.
    12-17-08 11:36 PM
    I tried resetting my home page, but it won't let me delete the one that's in there. I think it's also weird that there's not even an option in my menu to "Go To..." a link?
    12-17-08 11:44 PM
    is this something that someone at the verizon store would be able to help me out with?
    12-17-08 11:58 PM
    No, probably not. Have you done a battery pull? If not, pull the battery with the phone on, leave it out a few seconds, then put it back. See if the reboot solves the problem. If that still doesn't solve it, then you can call customer service. What OS are you running?
    12-18-08 12:05 AM

but oh! the restart worked! thanks. I didn't realize to do that you had to pull the battery with the phone still ON. I'm sure that will help in the future as well!
    12-18-08 12:23 AM

but oh! the restart worked! thanks. I didn't realize to do that you had to pull the battery with the phone still ON. I'm sure that will help in the future as well!
    Absolutely! I'm sorry I didn't suggest a reset sooner. Pulling the battery with the phone on is how you reboot a blackberry. You can also do a soft reset (like a control-alt-del on a PC) by using the Alt-R.Shft-Del combination. The soft reset is preferable and would probably have worked in your case. A battery pull runs the very very slight risk of causing an OS corruption that requires a reload, so do the soft reset first, then the battery pull if the soft reset doesn't solve the problem.

I'm glad you're back in business.
    12-18-08 12:32 AM
    When you can only see the bis page in the browser you have to hit menu and then close. If you ever go into the email settings you have to actually close it or when u pull up your browser it will open the last page u were on (which is the bis site) and doesn't offer a goto option

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 01:30 PM
    For the past three days I haven't been able to use the internet on my curve.. I was getting my emails and my weather bug was updating the temp but when I tried to open my browser or even open weather bug it would give me a prompt saying a problem occured while trying to render page.. I do a battery pull and it works for a lil bit.. What can I do?
    12-18-08 10:11 PM
    I have been having the same problem and nothing has worked to get my internet back, I'm really bummed I hate to go to verizon but the website was no help and the battery pull didn't work this time, any other ideas?
    12-21-08 02:02 PM
    When the Browser opened today, I also got a "can't do that type message" regarding not service book

I finally logged on the Verizon-bis site and resent my service books.

Wonder what Verizon did to kill the browser?
    12-21-08 07:53 PM
    I have no idea I still can't get my browser to work they wanted me to leave my little girl there for the night and I'm sorry not an option
    12-22-08 03:17 PM
    I have no idea I still can't get my browser to work they wanted me to leave my little girl there for the night and I'm sorry not an option
    Have you re-registered your device? Options / Advanced Options / Host Routing Table / Menu / Register Now
    12-22-08 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD