ok folks I need some major help here. I knew the risks going in but decided to try and put OS4.5 on my berry and things went wrong. During the install I got "app error 523", constant reboot cycle. So I tried to search the forums and find out how to fix my mistake and found a bunch of good info but now that I am going through and trying to fix my error nothing is happening at all. I have the battery out and the phone plugged into the pc with the usb cable but nothing is happening at all. Someone please give me some advice here
    thanks
    07-13-08 06:12 PM
    Give a try here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/os-...ow-open-48826/
    07-13-08 06:13 PM
    Follow the link in my signature titled : "How to recover a dead berry"

Good luck!
    07-13-08 06:16 PM
    Alright thanks for the help and I did get my baby back up and running with minimal loss of info (got my contacts back on there and that is really all I care about). Now for just another quick question. I have updated the OS on my berry a number of times before with no issues at all. When I tried to put 4.5 on my phone I had gone in and removed voice dial, password keeper, and all the themes except "l" and "zen". This is my usual OS update procedure and have never had any problems but with 4.5 it didn't work so now I have 4.5 with nothing removed which also means very little memory. Has anyone else been able to remove stuff from the new OS and get it on the berry, I am just wondering if I should give it another try.
    Sorry for the wall of text but I didn't know how else to explain and ask my question at the same time.
    Last edited by ryno1513; 07-14-08 at 07:48 AM. Reason: I can not spell, remember that I is a pronoun or use proper punctuation
    07-14-08 07:45 AM
    Alright thanks for the help and I did get my baby back up and running with minimal loss of info (got my contacts back on there and that is really all I care about). Now for just another quick question. I have updated the OS on my berry a number of times before with no issues at all. When I tried to put 4.5 on my phone I had gone in and removed voice dial, password keeper, and all the themes except "l" and "zen". This is my usual OS update procedure and have never had any problems but with 4.5 it didn't work so now I have 4.5 with nothing removed which also means very little memory. Has anyone else been able to remove stuff from the new OS and get it on the berry, I am just wondering if I should give it another try.
    Sorry for the wall of text but I didn't know how else to explain and ask my question at the same time.
    Glad you are up and running!!

I have a fully optimized OS 4.5 build on mine and all the OS 4.5 betas I have used have been able to be optimized no problem. Follow Stoner's guide in my signature or search for Pete6's CrackMem to automate your process!
    07-14-08 07:49 AM
    Guy, just a thought here. Try going ack to C:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader and make sure the vendor files is deleted. Sometimes when you run DM it searches for updates then adds the vendor file back.
    07-11-09 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD