I just bought a used 8800, (85 bucks on craigslist woo hoo), and i'm having an issue with the email setup.

I setup my gmail account but the problem is that the previous owner's email account is still synced with the device. can anyone help me get rid of his emails? I dont want to be reading someone elses information by mistake!

Thanks.

ps. under the email setup menu, i pressed view accounts, and only mine comes up. however in the main screen his emails still come up and it is still synced
    06-25-08 02:02 PM
    You will need to contact the previous owner and have them contact their carrier to release the PIN.
    06-25-08 02:10 PM
    You will need to contact the previous owner and have them contact their carrier to release the PIN.
    Did you also wipe the phone?

a) On the BlackBerry device Home screen, click Options.
    b) If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 or later, click Security Options > General Settings. Otherwise, click Security.
    c) Open the menu, and then select Wipe Handheld > Continue.
    d) Type blackberry, and then press the Enter key. All the data on the BlackBerry device is deleted.
    06-25-08 02:16 PM
    the first thing i did was to wipe the phone. i also did a hard reset also.
    06-25-08 02:54 PM
    As Sunkast said, the PIN needs to be released and/or the integrated account needs to be removed from the Internet service account, both of which have to be done by the previous owner.

e.n.
    06-27-08 04:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD