Hello, I bought the 8830we off of ebay and when I called to activate the phone the recording says that it is already activated on the network (verizon) call them to discuss. I spoke with the guy I bought the phone off of and he apologized and refunded my money back but I still want to activate the phone. How can I get Verizon to release the phone. From what the guy said "it was a company phone and he no longer works there anymore" but was not required to return the phone. Will verizon release the phone to me or not?

Like I said he quickly refunded me the money and said just keep the phone, he said it was not stolen or anything like that but did not realize it was still attached to the account.

Thanks..
    01-24-10 11:43 AM
    Maybe If you explain the situation to Verizon they might allow you to use the phone. Also don't tell them you got a refund so they will feel sympathetic .
    01-24-10 12:25 PM
    they have no way of knowing the origin of the phone, all they know is the one its registered to isnt you. I seriously doubt they will activate it for you unless you can somehow find out who the original owner is and get them involved in the process.
    01-24-10 01:28 PM
    Smh, why do people buy phones off ebay and not do research...unless he said it was a NIB phone, u should have anticipated this, no?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 02:00 PM
    I agree partially to your statement about doing research. I disagree with you about the fact that if its new in box means it will have no issues. I Bought a Palm Treo 700wx for my sister several years ago which stated NIB and when she went to activate it the phone could not be activated. Unfortunately she did not attempt to activate the phone for like 7 months due to the fact that she did not need to at the time so it was well after the time I could get ebay or paypal to do anything about it.. Out the door went $300.00. I also just bought a HTC Ozone NIB and when I went to activate it, it also was attached to the account but I was able to get the owner to remove it and I was fine. So just because it says NIB does not always guarantee it will not have any issues. The user of the phone said he did not realize it was still on his old companies account which he left back in October and that is why he refunded me the money without issues. The phone is perfect, I am out no money but I would have liked to use the phone.

If I have someone unlock the phone does that solve the issue? Or is it a done deal?
    01-24-10 11:42 PM
    I think it is a done deal sorry
    01-24-10 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD