What is the best BT headset for the 8830? My Jabra 350 doesn't seem to stay connected so it looks like I need to replace it.
    03-08-08 06:59 PM
    either the blueant z9 or the aliph jawbone...

both get the highest results i've seen..

i have the blue ant ..

its awesome..

-db
    03-08-08 07:02 PM
    Depends on what your definition is for the best. For me its cheap, confortable to wear and it works reliably. I picked up a Motorola H350 on sale at an office store about 3 weeks ago to try one. I wear it while driving and when outside while plowing snow on my tractor (been doing a lot of that lately). I forget it is in my ear half the time (its lite), it does not get in the way of my sunglasses and it stays on my ear. It's also reversable so you can either wear it on the right or left ear. When I ask people if they can tell I am talking the headset they always say no. Also it works very well with 8830 voice commands. When I make a call with it active, I just tell 8830 to Call (person's name) (which number) and it very rarely gets it wrong. Best part about it is if I loose it I'm only out 30 bucks.

Hope this helps.....
    03-08-08 11:02 PM
    either the blueant z9 or the aliph jawbone...

both get the highest results i've seen..

i have the blue ant ..

its awesome..

-db
    I have the Jawbone, no complains whatsoever.
    03-08-08 11:40 PM
    I have the jawbone the noice canceling feature is cool but I don't like the way it sits on my ear very loose.
    03-25-08 03:06 PM
    Just bought the H12 Motorola and it is great. Still working with the different ear pieces but sound is crystal clear both ways. A tad expensive but worth it.
    03-26-08 10:06 AM
    Depends on what your definition is for the best. For me its cheap, confortable to wear and it works reliably. I picked up a Motorola H350 on sale at an office store about 3 weeks ago to try one. I wear it while driving and when outside while plowing snow on my tractor (been doing a lot of that lately). I forget it is in my ear half the time (its lite), it does not get in the way of my sunglasses and it stays on my ear. It's also reversable so you can either wear it on the right or left ear. When I ask people if they can tell I am talking the headset they always say no. Also it works very well with 8830 voice commands. When I make a call with it active, I just tell 8830 to Call (person's name) (which number) and it very rarely gets it wrong. Best part about it is if I loose it I'm only out 30 bucks.

Hope this helps.....
    What's the noise level in your tractor? I drive a soft-top jeep and have a bit of hearing loss so need something that works in a modest level of ambient noise?
    03-31-08 02:53 PM
    I have the Jawbone and it's great. I did have to slightly bend the ear hook to get a good fit. Speaking thru the Jawbone is the only way that I can get the voice command feature to work correctly. I've gone thru 3 headsets from Jabra to the Plantronics 655 (also very good). I must say that the Jawbone is the best i've used.
    03-31-08 04:37 PM
    What's the noise level in your tractor? I drive a soft-top jeep and have a bit of hearing loss so need something that works in a modest level of ambient noise?
    I have to throttle it down a bit if I get a call. The tractor is very noisy. I typically have a toboggan hat on also which helps keep the headset close to my head so I can hear it when the phone rings. I had a 52 Willeys Jeep once and it was really noisy. You might be able to hear the ring but I'd be more concerned about being able to be heard when talking over the racket with the wind, engine and the flapping of the soft top. I'm not sure if any headset would be able to overcome all the noise and be able to filter it out. But like I said, it was only 30 bucks on sale so don't have much to loose to give it a try!

I still have it, its been lost in the snow a couple of times and like it. Everyone says the can hear me great, even when on the tractor. They said they could hear the tractor running in the background but they could understand me without any real problems.

Wish I could be of more help.
    03-31-08 07:41 PM
    I use the JABRA BT8040 and love it. It also plays music from my media player.
    04-12-08 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD