Hi Everyone,
    My wife is taking over my old 8830 WE (I'm now using the Storm). She has a Blue Ant Supertooth Light device that worked well with her old phone (Motorola E815). The BlueAnt works, but not well with the 8830WE. I'm wondering if anyone here has any configuration tricks for this BlueAnt with the 8830 or does anyone have any suggestions for other devices that work well with the 8830. She likes the speakerphone idea over an earpiece. Here in Calif. it is necessary to have a hands free device.

Thanks a lot for any thoughts.

--Bob
    03-01-09 03:59 PM
    Not sure what to tell you Harris. I have a Blueant Z9i and it works perfectly with my WE. The only thing I can ask is what OS do you have on the WE?? You may want to try the Jawbone...
    03-01-09 04:16 PM
    Thank you very much for the reply, it's appreciated!

I think the OS is the current one for the WE, but I'll have to give that a check. The carrier is Verizon; I don't know how that might affect which OS would have to be on the WE. I'm not familiar with what you mean by "Jawbone".

We just started her on this phone today and I configured the BlueAnt. It seemed OK, but the calls are only one way: she can't hear the incoming call on the BlueAnt. She can initiate calls with Voice Command just fine.

Got to be a configuration issue.

--Bob
    03-01-09 04:46 PM
    I use a Blueant V1 with my Verizon 8830. I'm running OS 4.2.2.196. The V1 works perfectly, but I'm not familiar with the Supertooth Light. Have you checked Blueant's web site for compatibility info?
    03-01-09 06:30 PM
    Jawbone is a new type of bluetooth that is top of the line ranging from anywhere from $75 to $130 depending where you by it from. Also go to options and about and it will tell you which os you are running. You are probably running the 4.2 which means you should upgrade to the 4.5.
    03-01-09 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD