A new icon suddenly appeared on my screen directly to the right of the yellow email icons. It is a blue box with three white boxes inside (two up top, one below). I click on it and there is nothing there. What is it???

I'm new, so forgive what I'm sure is an obvious question...

TV
    09-23-09 12:27 PM
    Can you post a pic of it?
    09-23-09 12:37 PM
    I am pretty sure that is the blackberry messenger icon? Maybe not. Just remember seeing something like that before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 05:48 PM
    Yea I'm sure it is the BBM icon!
    09-23-09 06:28 PM
    well, I tried to take a picture but they were all out of focus. I'm an analog guy, not digital...

And now the icon's gone. When I got my very first phone call message the blue box with white boxes (which had a 1 then 2 beside it) was replaced by the tape/phone icon and disappeared.

More stupid questions: does this mean I had BBM messages that I didn't see? And why would the icon disappear once I got my phone message?

The icon was a square blue box with three white boxes inside, not the blue conversation bubble...

any info appreciated, this is gnawing at my inquiring mind...
    09-24-09 01:40 PM
    Definitely sounds like the BBM icon.
    09-24-09 02:05 PM
    so that means I have BBM messages somewhere that I haven't read, as opposed to text messages?

again, sorry for the dumb questions...
    09-24-09 02:19 PM
    I would assume so. Open BBM and see lol
    09-24-09 02:35 PM
    Attachment 284464

What is that white G on its back in the blue box. It just appeared after I added and email address to a contact along with the picture. Can you choose weather or not the display the G in the blue box??
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...n-icon-875991/

Also, I am extremely surprised you found this 2009 thread instead of the one with the answer..
    07-11-14 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD