Is there a way to block mail from senders for junk stuff and spam?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-08 08:55 AM
    I use Yahoo and push it to my Berry. they have some of the best Spam filtering around. I have heard way to many complaints about GMail to give it a try...
    08-09-08 08:59 AM
    I haven't had any issues with Gmail. Now, Earthlink is a different story.

It all depends on the provider.
    08-09-08 09:01 AM
    No issues with Gmail
    08-09-08 09:07 AM
    I've been using GMail for about three years and I don't have any complaints with their spam filter.
    08-09-08 09:15 AM
    You have to solve your SPAM issues at the server end, not at the client end. Proper anti-spam solutions should check and remove spam before it even gets to your mailbox.
    08-09-08 11:07 AM
    I've been using the Antair Spam Filter app now for some time and it works GREAT!
    08-10-08 07:23 AM
    Yeah... I was referring to mail straight to my bb, not pushed from another email host. Any help with that?

08-10-08 08:43 AM
    I've been using the Antair Spam Filter app now for some time and it works GREAT!
    Using this as well... works great...

Yeah... I was referring to mail straight to my bb, not pushed from another email host. Any help with that?

Antair Spam Filter will be one (as organman indicated)...
    08-10-08 08:46 AM
    Hi folks. Charter Communication is my provider, I have junk mail blocked on my computer and they go into the junk mail folder, but still show up on my BB. Does anyone know if there is a way to block them from the phone?
    Thanx everyone.
    01-15-09 10:16 AM
    Hi folks. Charter Communication is my provider, I have junk mail blocked on my computer and they go into the junk mail folder, but still show up on my BB. Does anyone know if there is a way to block them from the phone?
    Thanx everyone.
    Having the same issue on my end.
    I use Verizon email to Outlook which sends junk mail to junk mail folder. Most of it gets to my BB though.
    01-17-09 10:31 AM
    I use Outlook and the blackberry seems to get mail first, my outlook already selects which emails are displayed but the blackberry gets all the junk. just would like it to work like my outlook.
    02-03-09 03:52 PM
    If outlook is filtering your junk, than they will still get to your BB. You need to turn the filter on via webmail (i.e. if you use AT&T broadband, you go to your webmail account and add the filters because if spam gets to outlook to be filtered, its too late.) You can also forward all email accounts through a gmail account and it does a great job blocking crap.
    02-12-09 11:28 AM
    Agree! I have 8 email accounts sent to my 8830 from 4 different POP's. I set up filters so 7 of the 8 run through Gmail first and I only see 1-2 pieces of SPAM a week. And when I do a bit of digging on those 1-2 I find I shared one of my emails out and that is why I got the "unsolicited" email.

I know when I tried using each POP I received 6-10 pieces of SPAM per day.

Mark one up for Google...even if I'm not a fan of "Big Brother"...
    02-12-09 01:33 PM
    I have an 8830. the user upgraded to a storm, turned in the 8830. I wiped the device with JL-cmder and reloaded the software via desktop manager. I then set up a new user on the 8830 but he receives facebook and yahoo e-mail for the previous user. How do I un-associate the old users yahoo with the device. It shows up in the inbox of the new user on the 8830 but not on his desktop so it is obviasly associated with the ESN somehow. It has a completly new Phone number on it so it can not be the number. Any help please.
    02-12-09 01:56 PM
    Is the older user getting his facebook and yahoo email on his new storm?? Ask that user to check his auto forward/filters..I've never seem a BB get other's email after a security wipe, and phone number change. What happens if the new user replies to the facebook or yahoo email does it infact send?
    02-12-09 02:31 PM
    Can not reply to face book. Going to try to get a hold of old user and check forward/filters like Kwilson8cinci suggests. There are no yahoo services in service book options.
    02-13-09 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD