So I recently updated my Cingular Branded Blackberry 8800 to OS 4.5.0.81.

Love the new "L" theme and the html email.

However, I think there is a bug. Whenever I get a missed call, the red LED light would blink . On the old 4.2 OS, the light would stop blinking after I check the missed call. But on this 4.5.0.81 os, it would keep blinking. The only way to stop it is either restart phone or pull battery.

I am not getting this glitch for messages and other alerts. Only for missed calls, anyone else having this issue and is there a possible fix?

Does 4.5.0.69 have this issue? If not, does that version have the L theme or html email.

Thanks in advance.
    10-22-08 04:58 PM

However, I think there is a bug. Whenever I get a missed call, the red LED light would blink . On the old 4.2 OS, the light would stop blinking after I check the missed call. But on this 4.5.0.81 os, it would keep blinking. The only way to stop it is either restart phone or pull battery.

I am not getting this glitch for messages and other alerts. Only for missed calls, anyone else having this issue and is there a possible fix?

Does 4.5.0.69 have this issue? If not, does that version have the L theme or html email.

Thanks in advance.
    You should back up your device go in through options wipe handheld and then restore. That should fix the problem.
    10-22-08 05:08 PM
    You should back up your device go in through options wipe handheld and then restore. That should fix the problem.
    Tried that, I am pretty sure this may be a 4.5.9.81 glitch. The reason is because I have a Blackberry 8310 also and when I updated it to the new os. Its doing the same thing.

Anyone agree?
    10-22-08 05:10 PM
    I, too, have a Curve and have noticed that after upgrading to the 4.5.0.81 OS, the LED continues to blink after a missed call has been checked. I think the only thing to do is wait til another little update is developed to stop these trivial kinds of bugs.

While it can be annoying, I find that even without shutting down or re-starting, the LED does eventually stop blinking. Just like the 4.2 OS would stop blinking after 10-15 minutes if you didn't check your missed call, the 4.5.0.81 LED doesn't blink forever. I have already gotten use to it and it isn't a problem, but I would happily embrace an update to fix this bug.
    Last edited by zarzamora_hermosa; 10-24-08 at 04:20 PM.
    10-24-08 04:18 PM
    Upgrading my 8100 from 4.2 to 4.5 OS, I got the same bug - red LED still ON after opening the missed call (even after deleting it from the log).
    The 'fix': Red LED goes OFF once you call back the missed call # or call any other random number... no shut down/battery pull-off needed...

Anyone who knows something more for how to get rid of this bug - please share. Thx

Thanks in advance.
    02-07-09 06:05 AM

Thanks in advance.
    Just chose a message, mark it unopened, then open it, done!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Eyeii; 02-14-09 at 08:00 PM.
    02-14-09 07:55 PM
    I've got the same issue with my blackberry pearl running os 4.5.0.52.

I have noticed that if I go to call log>options>general options>ringtone lighting and set that to 'off', when I get a call the red LED flashes for the call but goes off after, and all I have to tell me off a missed call is the icon.
    However if I set ringtone lighting to 'trackball', the LED flashes for the call and then permanently after even when I check the missed call?!

Does anyone know what 'ringtone lighting' set to 'trackball' should do? as my trackball doesn't flash when I get a call.
    05-07-09 05:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD