I'm probably dead in the water, but one last cry for help remains!! The USB port is dead on the blackberry 8830. I have to transfer my address book to my new blackberry 8830, but cannot figure out how to do this, or whether it can be done, using my MacBook Pro. Anybody out there have any suggestions or experience with such a problem??????????????
    05-31-08 08:10 PM
    You can transfer your Address Book via BT to the Desktop Manager and then use the Swith Device Wizard, but it is not compatabile with your MB Pro without Pocket Mac installed. If you did install that program, you would be able to sync and back up your device. If you do not want to do that, do you have a friend with a pc? I'm a pc guy, so others know more about this than I.
    You may want to check out the Mac forum.
    05-31-08 08:59 PM
    Hi, yes I do have a pc as well. When I try to connect the 8830 to the Lenovo X61, the phone says its connected, but the PC doesn't see the phone. I can transfer address book from the phone, but since the X61 doesn't actually see a connection, I don't think the address book is actually transferring. Got my hopes up tho! Any suggestions...

Many thanks for your response!!!
    05-31-08 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD