what do you do if the trackball is consistantly hanging up
    11-29-08 01:15 PM
    What do you mean by hanging up?
    11-29-08 02:14 PM
    it's not going up or down sometimes it feels like it's stuck
    11-29-08 03:58 PM
    Roll it in the direction it gets stuff for a couple minutes and hopefully it will unjar.
    11-29-08 04:07 PM
    Smack it with your finger (forcefull tap with the pillow of your finger). It'll dislodge whatever is causing the hangup.
    11-29-08 06:56 PM
    I had the same thing happen during Turkey-day and finally had to remove the Trackball to dislodge whatever it was causing the hang-up.

JC
    11-29-08 07:18 PM
    There is a guide somewhere in the forum on how to take dissaemble your trackball and clean the contacts allmost like cleaning a old mouse. You carefully dislodge the silver ring and can clean it. Just do a little search.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 10:18 PM
    Same thing happened to me a week ago. Like the Professor said, take out the silver trim ring and the trackball assembly will come right out. Roll it around a little, look for and remove any dust you see, and pop it back in. I fixed mine in about 10 minutes. The "how to" thread is here
    11-29-08 10:31 PM
    Get a new tracball. I got one from amazon. arrived in three days. on my 8830 the silver ring pops off and the new ball comes with a new ring also... just pop that off and lift your old one out, or turn your phone down and it will fall out.... drop the new one in and snap the ring back down... that smoothed mine up greatly... however the main reason i got a new one was because mine would no longer "enter" or "click" anything. It didnt fix that problem.

I think the cost was like 5 bucks plus like not much shipping cost at all... came in the mail...
    11-30-08 04:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD