I have gotten so bad on my BB that I now keep everything on there.
    work related, Home related, and definitely Passwords, user names, Credit card info and more. if my blackberry had gotten stolen or I lost it, ( Lord I pray not) I would be First, Completely Lost in Life!!!!!
    Second, Then I would Be Sick
    Third, Then I would Cry
    Fourth, Then I would be Worried about the information that I have on there. Literally, Someone could take over my life ( Really ) with all of the info that is housed on my BB.
    My Question is, is there a way that I could send out a Policy or something like that wirelessly to my phone and cause it to lock up or better yet, Erase everything on there??????
    I know that BB offers a BES EXpress for download but, You still have to have
    MS.EXchange, Win2000 server, and etc in order to be able to use the BES Express.
    I was reading in the Smartphone & Pocket PC Magazine and had read about a Company Called DASHWIRE.COM
    From what I read it would work great, I can have all of my applications, email, text msgs, and etc online. I could make changes online and it would automatically update on my BB. Great Invention but one problem,
    This is not available for the BB. only a Windows Based Unit. is there something very similar to Dashwire that exist for the BB. I can make changes on my local computer and automatically send it to my BB or something like that. this way, if I did lose or my BB got Stolen, No prob. I can go to my Computer and either Delete or Lockup My phone so that No one could use it.... Just a Thought and a Question.... Thanks for taking the time to read this Post!!!!!!
    01-30-08 12:02 PM
    Do you not have a password on your device? If you had that and your BB fell into the wrong hands then they only have to enter an incorrect password 10 times the device is wiped.

I beleive you carrier can wipe the device also if you report it stolen.

I am sure I was reading something on this forum about software called PhoneBAK or something similar which may or may not be what you are looking for.
    01-30-08 03:43 PM
    Thanks I will see if I can find that. " PhoneBak "
    appreciate the info. I am using the password now, although, I didn't know that if you don't enter the correct password that it will wipe the handheld. Good Deal, but still, I hope that I can find something or they will ( somebody ) develop something that BB users can go online and view their apps and pics and text msgs all from online.
    and be able to make changes to the files on your handheld via the internet!!!!!! would that be nice or what.... will be able to even send text from your handheld Via, The internet...
    Thanks again....
    01-31-08 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD