Hi

I'm a new BB user and I've always used Windows Mobile or TREO Palm for IMAP Email, but now in Blackberry everything is setup properly but i have few issues:

1) How do I get BB to check IMAP for email every 5 minutes? Seems like there is a long delay, while I had my Palm Treo or WM5 it was every 3-5min and had no issues gett emails on time.

2) How do I setup my BB 8830 so if I send out email through IMAP Account, the email is also put into my "SENT FOLDER" in my IMAP Account so when I get back on my desktop I see the email in "SENT FOLDER" via Outlook of the imap account?

3) Same as above but this time if I delete email, it gets moved to "TRASH FOLDER" in my IMAP and I see it when I logon my desktop. But instead right now it just deletes the email from SERVER Completely or leaves copy of email in INBOX when I check IMAP from desktop.

4) There is 1 main MESSAGES ICON then 1 ICON for Email, and I had it seperate ICON for SM Messages. How do I SETUP the Messages ICON so it only displays notifications of CALL LOGS and not display notifications of EMAILS? As thats already in EMAIL Icon.

I really hope these 4 issues can be resolved.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by hoobastank68; 12-18-07 at 11:25 PM.
    12-18-07 05:55 PM
    So in regards to my question #2, I have tried deleting emails on blackberry but it didnt delete on my IMAP Server so email was still there.

I tried deleting email on IMAP server but all emails are still in blackberry...is there anyway to SYNC Blackberry to IMAP Server?
    12-18-07 06:12 PM
    Hi Guys

3) There are many ICONs, the main "Messages" Icon is on left side of my 2 email accounts, and it somehow displays all email messages as well + missed calls etc... is there anyway to make it only display calls/text messages as my email accounts icons already display new emails....also if I remove an item from the main "Message" Icon it deletes the email from my email folder too..anyway to resolve that?

4) Is there anyway to rearrange desktop icons

5) I installed Blackberry desktop and have no idea how to use it, what is it for and i got the bluetooth to sync but no idea how to actually do anything with it.
    Cheers!
    For #3, under "delete," select "on Handheld" That should keep it on the email server, but get it off of your BB

#4: Select the icon, push the menu key (left of the pearl/trackball thing), select "move." You can only move 1 icon at a time.

#5: It's a handy synch tool and you can load media and other files onto your BB. I've had issues with Desktop manager 4.2, but they went away when I installed Desktop Manager 4.3. My only experience with the Bluetooth is fo rmy headset; I haven't used it for wireless synching or anything like that.

Hope this helps,

James
    12-18-07 09:09 PM
    Thanks all issues resolved , AIM just downloaded blackberry's rim aim, and works

only 2 questions left.

2) I have been a user of IMAP + Exchange for long time using our own servers, and I setup both emails via sprint.blackberry.com and it works great, just seems like there is delay in receiving emails for both. Now most IMPORTANT Question is, How do I configure my IMAP Account so if I send/write an email from BLACKBERRY, that the email sent also leaves copy into my "SENT" Folder like it does when I use IMAP in Outlook or Thunderbird email clients? The same goes for deleting the email in blackberry or marking it as read, so that it goes to TRASH Folder in our IMAP Account.

3) There are many ICONs, the main "Messages" Icon is on left side of my 2 email accounts, and it somehow displays all email messages as well + missed calls etc... is there anyway to make it only display calls/text messages as my email accounts icons already display new emails....also if I remove an item from the main "Message" Icon it deletes the email from my email folder too..anyway to resolve that?
    12-18-07 10:03 PM
    Thanks all issues resolved , AIM just downloaded blackberry's rim aim, and works

only 2 questions left.

2) I have been a user of IMAP + Exchange for long time using our own servers, and I setup both emails via sprint.blackberry.com and it works great, just seems like there is delay in receiving emails for both. Now most IMPORTANT Question is, How do I configure my IMAP Account so if I send/write an email from BLACKBERRY, that the email sent also leaves copy into my "SENT" Folder like it does when I use IMAP in Outlook or Thunderbird email clients? The same goes for deleting the email in blackberry or marking it as read, so that it goes to TRASH Folder in our IMAP Account.

Regarding #3, the Messages icon holds all messages. Hide that icon, and use the icons for the 2 email accounts if you want to keep that separate.

Regarding #2, my IMAP account works just like what you want by default. By any chance are you configured at BIS as a POP account as opposed to IMAP account? The only part that doesn't work as you desire is that messages WHEN RECEIVED BY OUTLOOK are marked unread.
    12-19-07 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD