Since I updated to 4.5 device software, my 8830 (verizon) constantly locks up. I think I need more memory. I've cleaned the memory and have NO music or photos but my contact list is 5000 + and I keep a lot of email. Can I migrate databases to a micro SD card or are those just for media? Thanks for any advice. Crackberry.com is the best place for info
    08-08-09 08:30 PM
    How much free memory do you have right after a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 10:56 PM
    6276698 bytes free per the status option, and the databases take up 4595.3K but as soon as I start reading email or surfing the web, the bytes free sometimes goes down to 0. thanks for any advice or suggetions. I've turned off all apps I don't use already.
    08-09-09 07:34 PM
    What I found was getting a Mini-SD chip (2 GB) and placing that in my BB solved my issues with memory as several apps used it instead. One of my biggest memory hogs is the Barnes and Nobles Book reader.
    08-10-09 12:42 PM

Get the "Quick Pull" ap from Blackberry Ap world .. it's free. I used to have so many memory issues and performance problems - then I got Quick Pull and scheduled a daily "battery pull" and ta-da ... problems gone.
    08-11-09 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD