01-05-15 08:13 PM
28 12
tools
    So, I searched and searched until I stumbled upon this on another web site. These are steps to get BB maps working on OS 4.5 if it is disabled. Credit for the following steps goes to another individual. Before I started the steps, I deleted BB maps from my phone. Although the application is on the phone, the Icon is shaded out.

Access the following link to download a copy of BB maps.https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...8A619C79EDDD62

After I downloaded the BB maps zip file I extracted them to a BB maps folder on my hard drive (mostly for tracking purposes). I then copied the Java folder from this BB maps folder to the media card on my BB. I then navigated on my BB to media, then hit the blackberry button, select explore and navigated to the Java folder I just copied over. Open, and then select the file LBS422C_en.jad.

That will locally install BBMaps on your At&t phone running the ATT release of 4.5. I just used it and it works. The thing I like about BB maps is that it will allow you to select an entry in your address book whereas Google maps does not. I'm not sure if this is the most up to date version though. This is version 1.2.26. Hope this helps
    01-23-09 01:46 PM
    Sounds like a good idea. I will have to give it a try. Thanks NUBERRY.
    01-23-09 01:50 PM
    Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had BB maps on my 8320 from Tmobile. BB maps disappeared after upgrading the OS to 4.5
    I tried numerous times to download maps from BB website but it would not let me.

I followed your instructions to the "t", downloaded the map version 1.2 and installed. It works!
    01-27-09 12:43 AM
    Yep,

And its quick and easy. I like it better than google maps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 09:05 PM
    ... I then navigated on my BB to media, then hit the blackberry button, select explore and navigated to the Java folder I just copied over. Open, and then select the file LBS422C_en.jad.

That will locally install BBMaps on your At&t phone running the ATT release of 4.5. I just used it and it works. The thing I like about BB maps is that it will allow you to select an entry in your address book whereas Google maps does not. I'm not sure if this is the most up to date version though. This is version 1.2.26. Hope this helps
    How do you do the bolded portion?
    01-31-09 10:55 AM
    Navigate to media means select the media application on your BB. When the media application is activated, select your BB button (second button from the left) at the bottom of your screen. A pop up menu will appear from there. Select explore then go to your media card and navigate to where you stored the java folder. Proceed from there.
    01-31-09 01:08 PM
    Have done as the Op said and it loaded the BB maps app but I get no maps. Is this normal for loading this way. It seems to work and give a position but with no maps. Any help would be appreciated.
    01-31-09 07:35 PM
    Hmm, seems like a great work around to me. Thanks for the info.
    01-31-09 07:38 PM
    Pots,

Not sure what your problem might be. Maybe a battery pull will do. If the icon appears then the app is there. Mine worked immediately. I did a bat pull just to make sure it would stay around. It did and no problems.
    01-31-09 10:14 PM
    Have tried the battery pull twice. I keep getting a small grey band across the bottom saying "Requesting". I do not have any data plans and am working off of a wifi connection. Any other possibles.
    02-01-09 11:20 AM
    I would delete from card and try again.
    02-01-09 08:00 PM
    Worked just fine for me - you get to use your sd card to load the software

Mule
    02-01-09 08:44 PM
    Will try tomorrow night when I have more time. Should this be on my storage card on to my BB memeory???
    02-03-09 07:03 PM
    Will try again tomorrow night. Should this go on the bb memory or on the sd storage???
    02-03-09 07:35 PM
    I erased and reloaded the BB maps twice. Both times when I go to run it I get the message that it can not connect to the wifi. After that I get everything but no maps. It will search and lock on so the program seems to be running it just does not have any maps. Why would it need to access wifi? I have the wifi on and Opera mini works great so it is working.
    02-05-09 02:13 PM
    The exact messsage is "The Mobile Network connection is currently out of coverage. As a result map data cannot be retrieved."
    02-05-09 03:23 PM
    i got a prompt " The map has been disabled" =((
    02-14-09 07:36 AM
    shyt... when i reboot my hand set, My application page cannot show. means it only can see the wall paper and my shortcuts on the screen only...
    02-14-09 07:46 AM
    Guess I will just go and use Trekbuddy as BB maps seems to require a data connection. Oh well I tried.
    02-16-09 08:23 PM
    I just installed it, and it works perfectly! Thank you so much.
    02-22-09 05:41 PM
    NUBERRY: Thank you!

I have attempted to follow someone's directions several times for various apps or settings and they just never seem to work out for me. I followed your directions step by step and for the first time they worked like a charm!
    02-23-09 11:43 PM
    Thanks for the info.

02-24-09 12:01 AM
    works just fine on att blackberry 8820 thanks
    03-02-09 12:49 PM
    Potsech,

Not sure what your problem could be. Maybe limited download speed using the wifi, maybe you need a data plan. Mine is working fine. One thing, I got an update request but wasn't sure what to do.
    03-03-09 03:35 PM
    Great help with this! I'm going to download this file in the morning...Hopefully, It'll work better than a couple of the other mapping programs

05-08-09 01:21 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD