04-12-10 04:31 PM
181 ... 45678
tools
    Friends,

My new 8830 has locked up; I want to pull the battery to reboot, but I can't get the back cover off. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thank you,

Jack
    07-02-08 11:40 AM
    ^Same Happened To Me When I First Got My BB! :L

Just Put Your Hand Flat On The Back And Pull Down.
    07-10-08 11:57 PM
    After spending an hour and a half watching the Verizon staff try to figure out why I wasn't getting multi media text, THEY finally call support and was told that, since the 8830we did not have a camera, the mutimedia text feature was removed from the phone. You have to log into vzwpix.com from a outside source (*not your phone), create an account, and pick up your pictures there. I found that, once you create an account, you can "get link" through your phone and log in to vzwpix.com, enter your username and password, then pick up your photos that were sent. MAN! If it wasnt for the fact that 95% of the people that I communicate with have Verizon Wireless, I'd be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Gone!!!

Sorry...Hope this helps
    you would really leave a phone company over not being able to get a picture message directly to your phone???? vz pix is simple and one small step to getting the pictures. you are not one of those customers are you? sorry if this sounded rude but it does'nt really make sense to me personally.
    07-11-08 09:10 AM
    Does anyone know if there is a shortcut to deleting texts/messages from one person rather than going through every single message and deleting them one by one?

Great tips...just found this!!!
    Highlight any message sent from that person, press menu, press s 3 times, press enter, highlight all messages that you see, press delete.
    09-27-08 11:13 PM
    Highlight any message sent from that person, press menu, press s 3 times, press enter, highlight all messages that you see, press delete.
    Just to piggy back on this...instead of highlighting all messages that you see...just highlight the date at the top of the inbox and press menu, then delete prior...
    09-28-08 04:29 PM
    Hey guys, just signed up to this site today! I have absorbed so much useful information, thanks for all the tips!

My only issue so far with my 8830 is that I cannot figure out how to switch/hold phone calls. If I am on a call with "A" and "B" calls..how can I switch from "A" to "B" but still keep "A" on hold, and then finish with "B" and return to my call with "A"

Thanks for your help. Glad to be a member!

Regards,

J
    I don't remember anyone answering your question, and you have probably figured it out by now, but here goes. The answer a calling ringing in on call waiting, press the send key. To hang up with the second caller and go back to the the first, press the send key again.

If your second called has not yet hung up, the first time you press send, it will conference the three of you in. Just press the send key again and you will again be on a private call with the first caller.

Similarly, if you are on a call, and wish to make a second call without hanging up on the first one, you can hit the send key to get a dial tone. Dial your number, and then hit send again. Once the other party has answered, you can press send again to conference the calls together.

Using this feature can be a bit tricky, so warn your callers that you might get disconnected before you get familiar with this.
    10-09-08 01:32 PM
    After spending an hour and a half watching the Verizon staff try to figure out why I wasn't getting multi media text, THEY finally call support and was told that, since the 8830we did not have a camera, the mutimedia text feature was removed from the phone. You have to log into vzwpix.com from a outside source (*not your phone), create an account, and pick up your pictures there. I found that, once you create an account, you can "get link" through your phone and log in to vzwpix.com, enter your username and password, then pick up your photos that were sent. MAN! If it wasnt for the fact that 95% of the people that I communicate with have Verizon Wireless, I'd be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Gone!!!

Sorry...Hope this helps
    To the folks who made snarky comments about this not being a big deal:

When you have friends who barely know how to add your phone number to their address book, asking them to do something different is quite a challenge. What I have done, and maybe it will help others:
    1. Sign up for a blackberry email addy if you don't already have your email going to your BB.
    2. When you see your non-techie friends, ask if you can borrow their phone. Program your BB addy (or your email addy) into their phone as an alternate number if they'll let you, and they *should* be able to txt and send pix to that addy. I just tried sending a pic embedded in the body of an email from my pc, tho, and that didn't work. It has to be an attachment.

I know, it's a pain in the arse, but at least it's an option.
    10-09-08 01:52 PM
    I am desperate for a camera to attach to my bb world edition. Has anyone tried one of these? Here's the link. Ok they won't allow a link, it's called the Mobiola Web Phone.

]

Thinking about trading it in for a curve, but I hate that keyboard.
    Thanks,
    Rick
    Again, late response, but the Mobiola that I found enabled you to take your camera phone and turn it into a web phone. It's not a camera attachment for the phone.
    10-09-08 01:56 PM
    Hey chinchye

Here Comes An Oxymoron!!!

You Can And You Can't Due To The Fact That You Can't "Physically" Change Them Around But If You Use Centain Applications For A Good Period Of Time, They Will Be Available In That Short Cut.
    Actually, if I understand the question properly, certain Themes will allow you to change your favorite apps, which show up in the abbreviated menus.

1. Go to the main screen where you can see all your apps.
    2. Scroll to the apps you want to move.
    3. Press the menu key (to the left of the trackball).
    4. Select Move. This will put a box around the icon.
    5. Use your trackball to move the icon - the others will wrap around as you move it.
    6. Press the trackball to make the move permanent.
    7. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The top 5 or 6 apps on the top of the screen are essentially your "favorites"
    10-09-08 02:02 PM
    hello! This has bee sooo helpful, thank for all your tips!

When you go to options, click on status, once there type test (you wont see text) then you will be able to test the following:
    keyboard and trackball
    misc
    handset
    etc etc

quite exciting
    10-10-08 03:37 PM
    This is a great tip bc i keep my BB in my pocket and have called the police several times. Does anybody know how to turn off the emergency call feature?
    Cant Turn It Off, Sorry.

is there a way to always have the images on your browser or do i always have to download images
    They Dont Automaticly Come Up?

Just to piggy back on this...instead of highlighting all messages that you see...just highlight the date at the top of the inbox and press menu, then delete prior...
    Right. Thats Much Faster Than Highlighting All The Messages.

When you go to options, click on status, once there type test (you wont see text) then you will be able to test the following:
    keyboard and trackball
    misc
    handset
    etc etc

quite exciting
    Didn't Know Of This, Kool.
    12-01-08 06:10 AM

keyboard and trackball
    misc
    handset
    etc etc

quite exciting
    Just tried this, very nice.

R3, Why hasn't this thread been stickied?
    12-03-08 08:28 AM
    This is a great thread! Got my 8830WE back in August 08 and I've used it in Brazil to Nepal and love it! Wish I knew of these tips and tricks before! Better late than never I guess.

Keep these coming... I know there must be more.
    12-25-08 12:56 AM
    Just tried this, very nice.

R3, Why hasn't this thread been stickied?
    Was stickied..Thats why it has like 63,000+ views. But Idk..

This is a great thread! Got my 8830WE back in August 08 and I've used it in Brazil to Nepal and love it! Wish I knew of these tips and tricks before! Better late than never I guess.

Keep these coming... I know there must be more.
    I will be adding more.
    02-08-09 07:28 PM
    I get pictures to my phone just fine from other carriers... and i have verizon

I just have the pictures emailed to me, via my phones email address, who ever is sending the picture simply needs to type in your email address as opposed to your phone number
    We're talking about when someone forwards an SMS text. Or if they have a phone that doesn't have email.
    02-09-09 01:02 PM
    Event Log:
    Hold down the half moon ALT while you type LGLG. This brings up the event log where you can clear events (frees some memory) or view them or copy the contents to mail to someone.
    Great tip. Now I am running closer to peak performance.
    02-09-09 03:16 PM
    Great tip. Now I am running closer to peak performance.
    Yeah, whenever I wanna speed my phone up/get some more memory I do this:

Clear event log.

In browser~ Clear content cach, Pushed content, cookie cache, history.

Delete any old ringtones I dont use.

Then do a Battery pull.
    02-09-09 03:26 PM
    Not sure if these has been shared yet but I use it quite often

Mail:
    ALT + I : Shows all incoming messages (from BES + BIS)
    ALT + O: Shows all outgoing messages

In any notetaking app (like mail/memopad)
    SHIFT + LD then Enter = Today's date
    SHIFT + LT then Enter = Current time
    02-09-09 07:35 PM
    I currently have over 300 pics saved on my memory card and want to delete them all off, how can I do this without manually deleteing them 1 by 1? If this helps, I have a Mac and use Missing Sync for all of my syncing. Thanks.
    03-19-09 11:36 PM
    Hey all,

1. Bell has released OS 4.5 for BB 8830 WE, any word on others following suit (like Telus, for me) OR if that OS upgrade works for other carriers. FYI - I asked tech support and they said it voids your warranty.

2. Has anyone found a decent (or any) L theme for the 8830 OS 4.2? It does not come stock and I've seen one for 4.5 only, hence the upgrade question.

Thanks!
    03-26-09 01:57 AM
    Verizon Trick:
    Call ##000000 - CDMA Service Program Edit Screen

Call *228 (option 2) - Update PRL OTA (Preferred Roaming List - Over The Air).
    Call *22899 - Activate phone and update PRL OTA. No additional prompts. VZW customer support recommends this for just about any and every problem you could possibly call in with

Anyone know these codes for TELUS Mobility. I know they exsist, cause ive called in before, but did i write it down? of coure not...

tks
    03-26-09 03:26 AM

keyboard and trackball
    misc
    handset
    etc etc

quite exciting
    AWESOME TOOL. I feel like i work for RIM,lol
    03-26-09 03:45 AM
    Hey all,

1. Bell has released OS 4.5 for BB 8830 WE, any word on others following suit (like Telus, for me) OR if that OS upgrade works for other carriers. FYI - I asked tech support and they said it voids your warranty.
    You can upgrade your device to the Bell or Sprint 4.5 OS. Search for proper upgrade/downgrade procedure to find out how. The tech was likely right by saying it will void your warranty, so be careful.
    03-26-09 11:11 AM
    Event Log:
    Hold down the half moon ALT while you type LGLG. This brings up the event log where you can clear events (frees some memory) or view them or copy the contents to mail to someone.
    By doing this and deleteing everything in the Log, will it kill my BB? What I'm asking is, will it wipe everything off my phone including the OS.

I also got one more question. When I delete everything from my call log, about a hour later, my call log is full again and haven't even use my phone. What can I do to fix this problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 03:35 PM
    By doing this and deleteing everything in the Log, will it kill my BB? What I'm asking is, will it wipe everything off my phone including the OS.

I also got one more question. When I delete everything from my call log, about a hour later, my call log is full again and haven't even use my phone. What can I do to fix this problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Been waiting days for someone to answer this
    04-13-09 09:06 PM
181 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD