04-12-10 04:31 PM
181 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Does anyone know how to get the calendar to work with alert tone notification for the BB 8830. I can create a task to work with alert tone notification , but when I try to create an appointment in calendar it will not alert me with a message nor an alert tone. I have my profile set to alert me with ringtones for both tasks and calendar. Is there something turned off, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    04-09-08 06:43 PM
    In the switch application option, i was wondering if there is any way I can change the selection of applications.
    04-10-08 12:56 PM
    Can you change the selection of the applications?

Intead Of Hitting The Menu Bar, Scrolling Down To "Switch Application" And Then Chossing The Application You Want....

Simply

Hold Down The "ALT" Key, Press Your Back Button (Right Button From The TrackBall), Scroll To The Application That You Want And Then Just Let Go Of The "ALT" Key!!!
    04-10-08 01:17 PM
    Can you change the selection of the applications?
    Hey chinchye

Here Comes An Oxymoron!!!

You Can And You Can't Due To The Fact That You Can't "Physically" Change Them Around But If You Use Centain Applications For A Good Period Of Time, They Will Be Available In That Short Cut.
    04-12-08 06:52 PM
    thanks, R33C3..love the signal strength tip!
    Except that the bottom portion of the text is sliced off because it is too big to fit in the location
    04-13-08 03:06 PM
    ALT+ENTER to LOCK
    *+SEND to UNLOCK

hold both simultaneously
    Not on my keyboard, you can press the keys sequentially or together.
    04-13-08 03:15 PM
    Reboot Your BlackBerry:
    ALT-CAP-Backspace will reboot your BB (hold down keys in succession, like a CTRL-ALT-DEL on your PC) no data will be lost.
    Doesn't work on my 8830. I pressed and held the ALT key, the pressed and held the left SHIFT key and then pressed the DEL/BKSPC key. Nothing happened.

Oh wait, just tried the right SHIFT and that worked. Rebooting started.
    04-16-08 01:13 AM
    Yeah, You Have To Hit The Right Shift Key
    04-20-08 06:42 PM
    I have 2 questions for people, especially those who used a treo

1. how do I get the bb 8830 to auto dial passcodes when I dial a voice mail system? Is there a program anyone knows of to do this?

2. I was also told that I can assign a smart dial to my voice mail, but I accidentally assigned the #1 key to another number, how can I reset this and reassign it to the default voice mail number.

Thanks for the help and the tips... I'm a new bb user and it's like learning a new language!
    1. When you are viewing a contact, edit the contact. While in the edit mode scroll to end of Phone Number you need to add a code to and hit the blackberry button. Scroll down to "add pause" (about 2 seconds per). Repeat enough times to allow for code entry and enter code behind pause(s). There might be a shorter version of adding the pause, but I have not uncovered it yet.
    Last edited by berry_nutty; 04-21-08 at 04:01 PM. Reason: clearer intructions
    04-21-08 03:56 PM
    While Veiwing Messages:

U = oldest unread message
    04-21-08 03:58 PM
    Is there an easy way to change from day to week to month view in calender without pressing menu button? Thanks....Great forum!!
    04-21-08 10:44 PM
    Is there an easy way to change from day to week to month view in calender without pressing menu button? Thanks....Great forum!!
    go into

Calendar>Menu>Options>Initial View> then you can set day/week/month/agenda/ or last

this is a great forum... i know i'm constantly learning about the advantages of having a bb over my last samsung dumb phone.... hth

Brandon
    04-22-08 12:23 AM

Also, I Have My Calendar On "Month View" By Default And When I Press:

W= Goes To Week View
    D= Goes To Day View
    M= Goes To Month View

04-22-08 12:35 PM
    Great forum & tips... My Question. In the Address Book, is there any way to change the information headings.. For example, I'd like to relabel the 'Work 2' field to 'Mobile 2', or 'Car Phone'.

TIA!
    04-24-08 02:14 PM

W= Goes To Week View
    D= Goes To Day View
    M= Goes To Month View

Great, Tip (if you want to do this you must disable quick entry in the calendar mode)

While in calendar: Menu/Options/"Enable Quick Entry"=NO
    04-25-08 01:14 PM
    Nice tips...these are coming in handy for me.

thanks alot!
    04-28-08 03:13 PM
    Originally Posted by snsaxton

W= Goes To Week View
    D= Goes To Day View
    M= Goes To Month View

Great, Tip (if you want to do this you must disable quick entry in the calendar mode)

While in calendar: Menu/Options/"Enable Quick Entry"=NO
    I Forgot A Few, Here They Are (Complete)

W= Goes To Week View
    D= Goes To Day View
    M= Goes To Month View
    A= Goes To Agenda

While In Any Of The Above Press:
    N= Goes To Next
    P= Goes To Previous
    04-29-08 01:27 PM
    go into

Calendar>Menu>Options>Initial View> then you can set day/week/month/agenda/ or last

this is a great forum... i know i'm constantly learning about the advantages of having a bb over my last samsung dumb phone.... hth

Brandon
    What a pleasure reading some of these tips.... it really helps newbies like myself. Keep them coming.
    04-30-08 03:20 PM
    thanks, downloaded and installed @5 this morning
    04-30-08 05:49 PM
    Hi
    I have only had my BB 8830 WE a few weeks and when I click on the browser icon. It reads: Type your user name to have your password sent to you device. i have done this, BUT WHERE is the password, it doesn't come up under messages. Please help Thanks
    05-01-08 07:59 PM
    Being new to crackberry's (we all recently got them at work) I have an issue I can't seem to resolve...I have an old (Feb.) email that I cannot delete. Not sure what I did to deserve this but...it is prefaced with two blue envelopes...one behind the other with the top one showing "opened" status. Any help will go a long way in keeping my sanity...thanks!!!
    05-03-08 10:45 AM
    The "Convenience Key"on the left - I like it set to "Application Switcher" does anyone else have a preference?
    05-03-08 12:58 PM
    I have a question. I'm switching from an 8830 to a new 8330 is it possible to switch all of my applications over to my new phone? and how do I do it?

thanks
    05-07-08 06:22 PM
    I seem to be having random signal strength problems. In other words, I can be standing still on a call and all of a sudden I lose the signal and the call drops. Do you know what *22899 resets?
    05-08-08 06:10 AM
    Backup the present device, then on the new device do a restore.

Or, better still use Desktop Manager / Switch Device wizard...

I have a question. I'm switching from an 8830 to a new 8330 is it possible to switch all of my applications over to my new phone? and how do I do it?

thanks
    05-08-08 07:46 AM
181 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD