Not sure. But, I suggest a battery pull. After the unit powers on, it should connect 'properly' to the nearest tower...

I seem to be having random signal strength problems. In other words, I can be standing still on a call and all of a sudden I lose the signal and the call drops. Do you know what *22899 resets?
    05-08-08 07:47 AM
    Hey guys, just signed up to this site today! I have absorbed so much useful information, thanks for all the tips!

My only issue so far with my 8830 is that I cannot figure out how to switch/hold phone calls. If I am on a call with "A" and "B" calls..how can I switch from "A" to "B" but still keep "A" on hold, and then finish with "B" and return to my call with "A"

Thanks for your help. Glad to be a member!

Regards,

J
    05-08-08 04:08 PM
    Not sure if this one is on here or not but found it by mistake. When typing in a message hold down the key for Capital letter. Beats having to hit that aA button!
    05-08-08 11:47 PM
    Heres another. If you find yourself hopelessly lost searching for an unread message just hit the "u" key!
    05-09-08 12:00 AM
    Hey Guys.. I was just wondering if you would be able to help.. My phone keeps on freezing when ever I'm finished with a call and put it down... and at the same time the red LED freezes too... when I'm not using it the screen turns white with an hour glass on it.. I try to get out of it but the only thing that works is taking the battery out... any suggestions will be appreciated.. Thanks

p.s. I'm new with this so bare with me!
    05-09-08 10:52 AM
    I thought for sure I would not be the first to post this, but it's so handy I had to since I read the whole thread and didn't see it. When in the "now playing" section of the media player you can use the mute key to play/pause. This also works after you've minimized the media player, and it continues to work after the keypad is locked. Sweet insanity it's awesome.

Now that I've posted my tip, question time. Until 4.5 comes out, is there ANY media player out there for the blackberry that has an equalizer, free or otherwise. I would pay like 25 bucks for one. I wish I could find 4.5 somewhere. Apparently I'm too dumb to use google. Another question in case I do stumble on it. Does the beta work with cdma networks at the moment. Thanks in advance if you answer these questions.
    05-10-08 11:55 PM
    Oh, one more thing. Would anyone recommend the 8330 over this phone? I still have a chance to switch, and I won't likely be traveling the world any time soon, so thoughts?
    05-11-08 04:32 AM
    I have had my 8830 for 5 months or so and I have learned more reading these posts this morning than I could have imagined. THANKS !!!
    05-11-08 09:20 AM
    As of right now, I havent seen a 4.5 beta for CDMA. I would go with the 8330 over the 8830 if you want a camera and more robust media abilities.
    05-11-08 09:28 AM
    I did decide to go with the 8330, and so far, I like it much better. The mute button for play/pause still works too. Oh yeahs.
    05-12-08 07:02 AM
    My server does not allow for syncing with BB. I hear there's a way around this. Cans some one help?
    Thanks.
    05-12-08 11:00 AM
    What server and what are you trying to sync?
    05-13-08 07:12 AM
    How do you put music or pictures from another device (say your computer) onto your BB?
    05-13-08 09:21 PM
    Hi all!
    I live in Russia and bot my BB 8830 WE through Internet.
    There is no RIM service in Russia.
    So, I have no brother in my BB at all!
    Do you know how can I install some brouther to use it in GSM channel??
    05-14-08 04:11 AM
    Sweet, this thread has filled my whole week.

All MLB teams (at least mine did, so I can only assume) have their calendars in a .xls format, great having my phone remind me 162 more times a year.
    05-15-08 10:08 AM
    I tried this on my BB8830 and I didn't get that option. I got the option to delete on mailbox and handheld or on handheld
    05-21-08 09:28 PM
    Hey How do you get Opera mini to work for the 8830
    05-21-08 11:50 PM
    Thanks everybody! Had my BB 8830 WE for a week now and just from this forum I have learned so much!
    05-22-08 01:42 PM
    Is there a way to create shortcuts for symbols that don't appear on the keyboard?
    05-22-08 08:58 PM
    I've heard some great shortcuts for Key Lock, but a friend of mine just got me onto something different. Let's say you wanna put your phone in your pocket, but you don't want to make a call or something.

Instead of engaging the Key Lock, which requires two hands and some attention, why not reach for the mute button, hold it down for a couple seconds, and there you go. The phone is now in standby ad can be exited by pressing the mute button again.

Besides being a one-handed move, which is key when on the go, you save battery power because your screen goes dark until it is out of standby. Not bad, eh?

You can still receive calls, get IMs, and calendar notices too!

Is there a negative to this method? Is there any reason why I should go back to using Key Lock?
    This is a great tip bc i keep my BB in my pocket and have called the police several times. Does anybody know how to turn off the emergency call feature?
    05-30-08 07:07 PM
    I Haven't Been On In Months. When I Left This Topic Only Had Like 5k Views. Now It's 40k + !!! :O Sorry I Haven't Posted Anything In A While. Might Start Sometime This Week. Just Want To Tell Everyone "Your Welcome" Seeing As Many People Thanked Me For This.
    06-25-08 11:47 PM
    Wow! So much useful info in one place. Just got my 8830 WE last weekend, so I don't have anything useful to contribute yet. Thanks to everyone who has. It has helped me a lot!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 06:24 AM
    Can anyone tell me why when I delete emails completely from my desktop why they still appear in my email list on the Blackberry. I am going through a company bb server. Also are there super duty batteries available?
    06-27-08 09:13 AM
    Can anyone tell me why when I delete emails completely from my desktop why they still appear in my email list on the Blackberry. I am going through a company bb server. Also are there super duty batteries available?

To your first question, go to your Messages icon on your Blackberry, Press the key between the Green Phone and the trackball and choose Options. Choose Email Reconciliation and make sure On Conflicts is set to Desktop Wins.

As to super duty batteries, yes, check Fommy.com
    06-29-08 11:12 PM
    is there a way to always have the images on your browser or do i always have to download images
    07-02-08 09:05 AM
181 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD