Been waiting days for someone to answer this
    Clearing the log will not kill your BB. I do it daily. The phone log problem makes no sense to me. Sorry I can't help on that one
    04-14-09 11:50 AM
    Most of you probably know this, but you can use a voice note as a ringtone or alert for messages, etc.

After you record, "ball" over to the folder / rename icon and click it. In the rename window, change the location to .../BlackBerry/ringtones/. Name it something you will remember. It will now appear in the selection for ringtones and message alerts.

Very handy for recording something from a movie, TV, radio, etc....
    04-14-09 11:57 AM
    I'm new to owning a Blackberry, thanks for the great tips I've added alot of them to my memo pad.

Randy
    04-28-09 04:18 PM
    This is a great tip bc i keep my BB in my pocket and have called the police several times. Does anybody know how to turn off the emergency call feature?
    Where is the mute button the bb keyboard exactly?
    04-29-09 12:36 PM
    where are my old phone numbers from outlook? since using this phone a few weeks i notice every now and then i can't find an old number from my moto Q
    04-29-09 01:15 PM
    I've had my BB for a little over a month now and was so excited to find out I could set it to keep my messages "forever." Then one day while looking through my texts, I noticed that oldest texts I had were from 2 weeks ago, and not from a month ago when I first got the phone. I've since been saving any message I want to keep, but does that mean that the setting "Forever" does not really mean forever? Is there anyway to retrieve the messages that disappeared since I never physically deleted them?
    04-30-09 03:05 PM
    I noticed that oldest texts I had were from 2 weeks ago, and not from a month ago when I first got the phone.
    No option to retrieve deleted messages that I know of, but you should know there is a separate options category for SMS. The forever setting to which you are referring is for e-mails. Go to Options > SMS.

Also, if you're running low on memory, it will delete messages without warning to clear space. Make sure you're not below about 8-10MB in free memory. (Options > Status).
    05-01-09 07:44 AM
    My scroll works but the keys don't. I've tried taking the battery out and using the unlock code and nothing. I see calls coming in but can't answer. Any ideas?
    05-15-09 10:16 AM
    Where is the mute button the bb keyboard exactly?
    The mute button is on the top right of the device.
    05-15-09 11:38 AM
    My scroll works but the keys don't. I've tried taking the battery out and using the unlock code and nothing. I see calls coming in but can't answer. Any ideas?
    I have seen something similar happen on my device, but usually receiving a call fixes the issue. Also holding down the power key and then powering the device back on, or doing alt-shift-delete, or doing a battery pull usually fix it for me.

If a battery pull does not work, perhaps your keypad is broken. Try upgrading the device or wipe and reinstall, and if you are still having problems, then I would try and get a replacement.
    05-15-09 11:40 AM
    I have a replacement on the way but I'm so annoyed. I tried alt end. Where is the shift?
    05-15-09 11:54 AM
    The "expert" at sprint said the keys are dirty. BS...it's only 2 months old and always in a case and never in the dirty bathroom. Will I loose all my photos, music and texts? Can I download any of it?
    05-15-09 12:00 PM
    I have a replacement on the way but I'm so annoyed. I tried alt end. Where is the shift?
    Left ALT, right Shift (looks like this ^aA) and the delete key. It does a soft reboot, similar to ctrl-alt-delete on old computers.
    05-15-09 12:42 PM
    The "expert" at sprint said the keys are dirty. BS...it's only 2 months old and always in a case and never in the dirty bathroom. Will I loose all my photos, music and texts? Can I download any of it?
    You can backup all that stuff using Desktop Manager. Also, transfer your SD card to the new device when you get it. Desktop Manager has a device switch wizard that will transfer all of your info. You need both devices there though.
    05-15-09 12:43 PM
    is there a shortcut for "page down" function when you're browsing a web page?
    05-22-09 10:50 AM
    is there a shortcut for "page down" function when you're browsing a web page?
    Try the space bar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 10:58 AM
    Change Battery Graph to Numerical Value:
    Rather than looking at the bars, you can change the display of the 'signal strength' to read in real numbers. While at the home screen (ribbon), hold down the half moon ALT key while you type NMLL. The bars should change to read numbers. For the 'signal strength', if you are in the 100 area (that means -100 dBm), you will be transmitting at maximum power (2 Watts), and since coverage is hit and miss at this weak a signal, you may end up transmitting many times before the packets make it through. This might help explain any poorer than normal battery life. I consider anything at -90 to -50 excellent.
    To get the bars back: While at the home screen (ribbon), hold down the half moon ALT key while you type NMLL again.
    Now that's a cool tip !!! Thanks
    05-22-09 01:20 PM
    I'm a newbie and can't figure out how to download a picture from my PC to be the wallpaper on my BB. How do I do that?

Thanks!
    05-23-09 10:25 PM
    ALT+ENTER to LOCK
    *+SEND to UNLOCK

hold both simultaneously

It seems in any "L" theme you have to be on the apps list to make this work
    It wont do it for me on the "L" screen
    05-25-09 07:32 PM
    I have saved an mp3 as the ringer, but now I dont know where to find it.

Also...Is there anyway to change the ringer for a text message, voicemail etc?

Great thread!
    05-28-09 08:01 AM
    Also, how come when I press the vol buttons on the side, nothing happens?
    05-28-09 08:38 AM
    it seems at full reception my DBA meter never reads lower than 80%
    06-12-09 11:12 AM
    Does anyone know how to join caller A and then when Caller B is calling in together? I have friends that are on other networks who do this ALL the time and I can't seem to with Verizon as my carrier....Does anyone know?
    07-01-09 09:34 PM
    I had a friend that was on bb messenger with me and accidently got deleted. Now when we try to hook it back up it will go through and show him on my bb list but not on his. And when he checks my status it says unauthorized. We have tried doing it with the pins, through email etc. we have tried both of us sending requests no luck. How do i get my phone to say authorized so it will add his to my messenger again???? HELP and thanks
    07-14-09 02:34 AM
    I have 2 questions for people, especially those who used a treo

1. how do I get the bb 8830 to auto dial passcodes when I dial a voice mail system? Is there a program anyone knows of to do this?

2. I was also told that I can assign a smart dial to my voice mail, but I accidentally assigned the #1 key to another number, how can I reset this and reassign it to the default voice mail number.

Thanks for the help and the tips... I'm a new bb user and it's like learning a new language!
    Idk if anyone has answered you yet but you go to phone then press the bb key and go to options and voicemail. It will ask you your password, I reccomend putting it in and putting a pound key right after it so you don't have to press anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 06:20 PM
181 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD