I just assigned the left (quick button) to lock the BB -
    03-12-08 01:50 PM
    Does anyone know if there is a shortcut to deleting texts/messages from one person rather than going through every single message and deleting them one by one?

Great tips...just found this!!!
    03-12-08 06:30 PM
    Thanks for all the tips!
    03-12-08 07:31 PM
    Go to your text messages push the bb button and then select search by sender and then it will select all then go to the top and delete prior

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-08 08:06 PM
    Go to your text messages push the bb button and then select search by sender and then it will select all then go to the top and delete prior

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks I have been trying to figure out how to do that for weeks!!!
    03-13-08 10:12 AM
    Anyone know a quick way to FORCE re-sync contact lists on these when using Exchange/BES server?

I know it is supposed to be dynamic, but I have a user that his contacts are not updating.
    Last edited by nbenson; 03-13-08 at 01:27 PM.
    03-13-08 12:39 PM
    I just found a cool little trick to create new tasks. Once you are in the tasks feature, start typing the name of the new task. You'll notice that it will start to find existing tasks that contain the text you just typed. Once you've typed enough that it doesn't find any existing tasks, simply hit <enter>, and it will bring you into the dialogue to create a new task. Apologies if this has already been posted ...
    03-13-08 07:05 PM
    First* Sticky
    03-14-08 04:14 PM

I love all of these tips, however, I find it difficult to remember all of the steps involved for each process...I really like learning about the copy/paste feature and the lock/unlock keyboard; thanks to all who have shared!
    03-14-08 11:25 PM
    Does anyone know if there is a shortcut to deleting texts/messages from one person rather than going through every single message and deleting them one by one?

Great tips...just found this!!!
    While in sms (or any message) menu button->search type the name of the sender (or any info you have available).
    You can refine the search by going to Type or services (different email addresses).

You can run that search or you can hit the menu key once more, you will be able to save the search and assign a shortcut key (alt + ?)

E.g. looking for messages from Wendy, you can assign 'Alt w' as a way to run just that search.

Searches by default are already listed.

Hopefully that helps.
    03-15-08 08:49 PM
    Change Battery Graph to Numerical Value:
    Rather than looking at the bars, you can change the display of the 'signal strength' to read in real numbers. While at the home screen (ribbon), hold down the half moon ALT key while you type NMLL. The bars should change to read numbers. For the 'signal strength', if you are in the 100 area (that means -100 dBm), you will be transmitting at maximum power (2 Watts), and since coverage is hit and miss at this weak a signal, you may end up transmitting many times before the packets make it through. This might help explain any poorer than normal battery life. I consider anything at -90 to -50 excellent.
    To get the bars back: While at the home screen (ribbon), hold down the half moon ALT key while you type NMLL again.
    All I get is a small black box where the bars where. I supect the new OS 196, doesn't let this work.
    03-20-08 09:24 PM
    Intead Of Hitting The Menu Bar, Scrolling Down To "Switch Application" And Then Chossing The Application You Want....

Simply

Hold Down The "ALT" Key, Press Your Back Button (Right Button From The TrackBall), Scroll To The Application That You Want And Then Just Let Go Of The "ALT" Key!!!
    03-23-08 04:01 PM
    Great post...didn't know that one!
    03-24-08 08:09 AM
    Is there any way to receive photos directly on my Verizon 8830? When someone sends me a pic from another phone, I get a text message that I have to go to vzpix.com to view it.
    03-30-08 12:31 PM
    For deleting call logs, emails, text msgs, etc. Highlight the first one that you want to delete and hit the aA button in the left hand corner, keep it held down then move your ball and you will notice that you are highlight all as you go, stop on the last one that you want to delete and then hit the options button and then delete.
    03-30-08 09:19 PM
    Is there any way to receive photos directly on my Verizon 8830? When someone sends me a pic from another phone, I get a text message that I have to go to vzpix.com to view it.
    From everything I've read, there is no way to receive them directly.
    04-01-08 10:15 AM
    How about viewing my sent email!?- I opted to NOT have them in my inbox, but can't figure out how to view what was sent. View Folders option (like SMS) doesn't have this folder, but I did opt to keep sent messages in options.

BTW- Post #1 Here at Crackberry! WHATS UP EVERYONE! Wonderful forum, loads of great information!
    04-02-08 01:23 AM
    After spending an hour and a half watching the Verizon staff try to figure out why I wasn't getting multi media text, THEY finally call support and was told that, since the 8830we did not have a camera, the mutimedia text feature was removed from the phone. You have to log into vzwpix.com from a outside source (*not your phone), create an account, and pick up your pictures there. I found that, once you create an account, you can "get link" through your phone and log in to vzwpix.com, enter your username and password, then pick up your photos that were sent. MAN! If it wasnt for the fact that 95% of the people that I communicate with have Verizon Wireless, I'd be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Gone!!!

Sorry...Hope this helps
    04-02-08 04:13 PM
    After spending an hour and a half watching the Verizon staff try to figure out why I wasn't getting multi media text, THEY finally call support and was told that, since the 8830we did not have a camera, the mutimedia text feature was removed from the phone. You have to log into vzwpix.com from a outside source (*not your phone), create an account, and pick up your pictures there. I found that, once you create an account, you can "get link" through your phone and log in to vzwpix.com, enter your username and password, then pick up your photos that were sent. MAN! If it wasnt for the fact that 95% of the people that I communicate with have Verizon Wireless, I'd be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Gone!!!

Sorry...Hope this helps
    I get pictures to my phone just fine from other carriers... and i have verizon

I just have the pictures emailed to me, via my phones email address, who ever is sending the picture simply needs to type in your email address as opposed to your phone number
    04-04-08 12:50 PM
    I have 2 questions for people, especially those who used a treo

1. how do I get the bb 8830 to auto dial passcodes when I dial a voice mail system? Is there a program anyone knows of to do this?

2. I was also told that I can assign a smart dial to my voice mail, but I accidentally assigned the #1 key to another number, how can I reset this and reassign it to the default voice mail number.

Thanks for the help and the tips... I'm a new bb user and it's like learning a new language!
    04-05-08 09:58 PM
    Can anyone tell me if a password is sent to your bb where do you find it. I just got this bb yesterday, so still learning. I should tell you that I was trying log in when you click on the explorer icon and had forgot my password and it says it was sent to my bb, but I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by icurn11; 04-06-08 at 09:40 AM.
    04-06-08 09:38 AM
    You probably should have an email (or more than one email) setup. Find that email icon and open your mail. If you don't see it, it might be hidden. Press the Option or Menu button (left of trackball) and Highlight SHOW or HIDE to show all icons.
    04-06-08 10:27 AM
    I get pictures to my phone just fine from other carriers... and i have verizon

I just have the pictures emailed to me, via my phones email address, who ever is sending the picture simply needs to type in your email address as opposed to your phone number
    Right...that's a picture sent through email. Not through text messaging, however.
    04-07-08 07:59 AM
    Right...that's a picture sent through email. Not through text messaging, however.
    i see it as.. email for me... its still being sent through the text messaging format on the other persons device
    04-07-08 12:17 PM
    I am desperate for a camera to attach to my bb world edition. Has anyone tried one of these? Here's the link. Ok they won't allow a link, it's called the Mobiola Web Phone.

]

Thinking about trading it in for a curve, but I hate that keyboard.
    Thanks,
    Rick
    04-07-08 05:26 PM
181 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD